Sunday, 7 February 2016

Don't grow up it's a trap.



Hey whisperers,

It's been so long since i felt like i had someone to talk to. It's so strange to think that just this time last year i was happy, getting acceptances from universities, booking my accommodation with my best friend and hanging out with my friends on the daily. It's amazing what a year can do to your life.

I never thought i would be the person who never went to university out of my group of friends, but here i am January 7th 2016, sat in my bedroom writing a blog post while my friends are scattered around the country. I guess i envy them in some ways, they had the courage to leave this second rate city we live in, the city I'm still stuck in, They had the courage to move to places they'd never even been too. But me, no i chose to stay, to get a job where i work for a wage that wouldn't even cover rent if i chose to leave home. I guess it's sad really that I'm the only one left.  I never thought I would be working 16 hours a week and staying in bed till 11 am each morning while yet still struggling to find time to get things done.

I never imagined growing up would be this hard.

As a kid we all wish to grow up, to be the people we see in magazines and on TV but life isn't like it is in the movies. You don't fall in love with the cute guy you meet at work and end up happily ever after, you don't magically get a job because of your amazing talents you have to work for it.

They don't teach you about life in school. Algebra, Pythagoras theorem, chemical compounds, just some of the things i have never used since learning them. I never thought i would miss school when i was younger but looking back now i do, to use the very overused quote of parents " school was some of the best days of my life".

Life throws you curve balls and you have to learn how to deal with them and i guess that is what this blog is about. Learning how to deal with the curve balls life throws at you and having fun along the way

Thank you for reading,
Sophie xoxo





Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, UK

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow