Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Product Review


Welcome back Whisperers!

I have never really been one to buy high end makeup. Firstly because let's be honest I'm 18 and it isn't exactly cheap and to be honest I've been pretty fine with my regular drug store makeup. Don't get me wrong i love looking at high end makeup and scrolling through the websites but i never really felt like i had to get it. I still don't.

However, i was shopping in Grand Central and i went into MAC and like the many other times i have been in there i looked at the lipsticks, eyeshadow bases, foundations and then i started looking at the highlighters. At the moment highlighters are my biggest love and when i saw  Lightscapade i fell completely in love.

Lightscapade- £24
One thing that i love about all of the MAC products is the packaging. All of the packaging is black, sleek and looks beautiful. Each product comes in it's own box, which i love, because i do like to keep any high end products separate from my drugstore products and this makes that a lot easier. The plastic doesn't feel cheap and the matte finish makes it look very sleek.


The MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade is a pale shimmery highlighter. As you can see in the picture above it is a marbled mix of pink,blue,yellow and cream. When in the store the makeup assistant suggested two highlighters to me, Lightscapade and Soft and Gentle, because i am so pale i decided to stick with Lightscapade.

The product was expensive and cost me £24. However i do believe it is worth it. Comparing this highlighter to some of my drugstore alternatives i can tell the difference in quality straight away. The product is finer, more shimmery instead of glittery and is a lot easier to blend. Now don't get me wrong i still love my drugstore highlighters there is just a very obvious difference in the product.

Now i know this is an expensive product and so i thought i would do some research and try and find a more affordable dupe. Just by looking at pictures on Superdrug i did find that The Balms Cindy Lou Manizer is s very close dupe to Lightscapade, it is still quite pricey but it is cheaper than Lightscapade.

If you know any more affordable dupes or alternatives let me know below!

I am completely in love with this product and i highly suggest buying it or even just popping into a MAC store and swatching it! If you have any suggestions for MAC products i should try in the future let me know in the comments below!!

Thanks for reading,
Soph
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow