Wednesday, 9 March 2016

My Skincare Addiction



Hey Whisperers,

So recently I've become obsessed with skincare. Before now i never really paid much attention to skincare, putting on makeup without moisturising or priming and wiping it off at the end of the night with a baby wipe or makeup wipe. Looking back now i realise how much damage this did to my skin, the amount of makeup i left to settle in my pores day after day was probably the reason for the majority of my acne problems. 

However, over the past few months i have fell in love with skincare. Each day i look forward to that half an hour of a night where i take the time to look after my skin and get rid of all the makeup I've been  wearing that day. And so today i thought i would let you guys know some of my favourite skincare products.

My favourite skincare products.



My all time favourite product is probably the Soap and Glory, Peaches and Clean cleansing milk. This stuff is AMAZING. I used to wash my face with the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit face wash but ever since trying this stuff I haven't gone back. The smell of this product is amazing and after a long day of wearing makeup it takes it off with little to no effort, something that i love. Because lets face it nobody wants to spend ages scrubbing at their face trying to get their foundation off. This product is a lot thicker than other products i have used because it is a cleansing milk but i love it because it just feels so moisturising on the skin. 


When it comes to eye makeup, i wear my fair share. I wear eyeliner daily, whether it's winged or regular i love it and so a good eye makeup remover is a must for me. This Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover from The Body Shop is the most amazing eye makeup remover i have ever used. I first started using this product in August 2015 and I've been hooked ever since. The camomile leaves the eyelids and under eye feeling so soft and moisturised and although this product does cost £9 the size of the product is well worth it as you only need a small amount each time you use it.


Another thing i have fell completely in love with is micellar water. I switch out between two micellar waters daily, the B. Pure Micellar Water and the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, it really just depends on what's closer. My favourite of the two however is the B. Pure Micellar Water. After washing my face i use this product on a cotton pad and the amount of extra makeup that comes off is both amazing and disgusting. However, one of the main reasons i love this product is because it is a lot more gentle than the Garnier alternative, which, if i am having a bad skin day is something i prefer.


Ok, so this product isn't something i use daily but i do love using from time to time. One thing i find that happens with my skin is every few weeks it will just feel very clogged and dirty, no matter how much i wash it and so i like using a mask to help clear out any extra dirt from my pores. This Pore Penetrating, Black Mineral Mask from Avon is a great cheap face mask to use. The consistency is thick which i love and it dries fast. I also love this product as it is part of the Avon Clear Skin range which helps to prevent breakouts which i tend to get often.


One of my most recent finds and loves is the Clean and Clear, Dual Action Moisturiser. The first thing that drew me to this product was that it is Oil-Free, something i look for in products as i have very oily skin. The first time i used this product i fell in love, after applying it it absorbed into my skin very well and left my face feeling so fresh. I also love the fact that it both moisturises and helps to prevent breakouts. 


Primer. I know that this isn't technically a skincare product but i thought i would throw it in here anyway. Using a primer has allowed me to keep my pores a lot less clogged with makeup. I think that using a primer is a huge must when wearing makeup as it helps create a base layer between the skin and products which in turn helps to protect your pores from the makeup, my favourite primer being the Barry M Flawless Colour Correcting Primer. And obviously, primer also helps makeup last a lot longer which is always a positive. 


Setting spray, although yet again this product isn't technically a skincare product i thought i would include it. I love using a makeup setting spray, my favourite being the Avon Magix Prime and Set Spray, as it helps me add another barrier to my makeup. Personally, i think that using a setting spray adds just another level of protection to your skin as it helps to keep out any other unwanted dirt from your face and pores whilst also helping to set your makeup.


Finally, i LOVE lipbalms. I apply lip balm before i start applying my makeup and throughout the day if I'm not wearing lipstick which most of the time I'm not. However, because i do love Matte lipsticks so much i have found that having a good lip balm is a must if you want your lips to stay crack free and moisturised. Two of my favourite lipbalms are the MUA Sweet Sheen Lip balm in Peach Sheen and the Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm in Peach Kiss. I love both of these lipbalms because while they both moisturise the lips amazingly they also both add a hint of colour to lips which is always nice. They also both smell amazing, the MUA Lip balm smells like cocoa butter and the Baby Lips lip balm smells very strongly like Peaches. 

I hope you've enjoyed reading about my skincare favourites, if you have any skincare products you think i should try let me know in the comments below!

Thank you for reading,
Soph xoxo
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, UK

1 comment:

  1. Wow..it's fantastic blog. really very good article Skincare... Thanks
    Just Natural Skin Care

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow