Tuesday, 19 April 2016

My Spring Makeup Must Haves




Hey Whispers,

So in the UK it's finally starting to look like spring. Flowers are starting to bloom and we are definitely going through the April Showers faze of spring. And so today i thought i would share with you a few of my Spring Makeup Must Haves.



The first thing that is a big must for me is a primer. I usually wear a primer all throughout the seasons however during spring it is a must have for me. Every time the season changes and weather changes my skin turns so dry and breaks out a lot and so recently i have been using the Collection Primed and Ready Pore Minimising Primer. I absolutely love this primer as alongside shrinking my pores it helps a lot with my breakouts as it contains Witch Hazel. Paired with my L'Oreal True Match Foundation this primer is amazing and is a great primer if you're on a budget or if you're just new to primers. 


Next up is a shimmery blush. I always see spring as the season for natural makeup and so i think a shimmery blush is a must. My favourite shimmery blush at the moment is the pink blush from my Makeup Revolution Euphoria Eyeshades & Contouring palette in Bronzed. I love this blush as it isn't a glittery blush like other shimmery blushes i have tried. Instead it is a beautiful pink shade with a hint of gold sheen and it looks beautiful and very natural on the skin. This blush is a very close dupe for Benefit's Rockateur blush, it is just a little bit darker. So if you're looking for a more affordable version for Rockateur  definitely give this a try.


Alongside a shimmery blush a highlighter is also a must for me. With spring being the season for more natural makeup i think a highlighted look is perfect. My favourite highlighter at the moment is the Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade. This highlight is a stunning light shimmery shade and it works perfectly for a natural makeup look. I know this is quite an expensive product but it definitely is worth the price however if you don't want to splash out on this product the highlight from the previous Makeup Revolution palette is a very close dupe for Lightscapade it just isn't as pigmented. 


Next up is eye shadows. I love wearing orange and pink shades during spring on my eyes. One palette i absolutely love at the moment is the Freedom Pro 32 Collection palette. This palette has a great variety of shades and is great for the spring as it gives you a variety of shimmery shades, which i think is a must have for spring. This palette is great for travel and is amazing for the price.


Sticking to the eyes i think that a lengthening mascara is a 100% must for spring. Because i do like to go for more natural looks in spring i prefer a lengthening mascara instead of a volumising mascara, my favourite at the moment is the Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara. When i first tried this mascara i was expecting it to very volumising but instead it made my lashes very lengthened something that i love. 


Another thing that is definitely a must have for me is a setting spray. In the UK it rains pretty much every other day in the spring so having a good setting spray is great. My current setting spray is the Magix Prime and Set Spray from Avon. I absolutely love this setting spray it locks in my makeup so well and makes it last all day. I wore this setting spray when i went to get my Septum pierced and my makeup didn't budge even though my eyes were pretty much waterfalls!. 


Last of all is a nude lipstick. I usually stick to pretty bold lip colours however over the past few months i have fell more and more in love with a Nude lip. My favourite lipstick at the moment for this is the Makeup Revolution Rose Gold lipstick in Chauffeur, this lipstick featured in my Makeup Revolution Haul last week and I've pretty much been wearing it everyday since. Another nude i have been loving recently is the Clinique Pop Lip Colour and Primer Lipstick in Sugar Pop. This lipstick is definitely more of a pink toned nude, but it works great with natural makeup looks. 

I hope you enjoyed this post about my spring makeup must haves! If you have any spring must haves let me know below!


Thanks for reading,
Soph xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow