Tuesday, 3 May 2016

My Foundation Routine



Hey Whisperers,

Over the past few weeks i have been trying out a few new things with my foundation routine and i think i have finally found a routine that works well for me and so of course i need to share it with you guys. I have also changed up a few things in my overall everyday makeup routine so if you want to see a updated routine let me know. Now onto the post.



The first thing i have changed about my foundation routine is the base. Before i used to use just primer and moisturiser if i actually remembered but now i use 4 products to prime my face. The first product i use is the Beautemer 24k Gold Serum. I got this Serum as a gift and it is absolutely amazing. It does have anti-ageing ingredients which i don't really need but i still use it anyway. This serum makes my face feel so smooth and hydrated it's incredible. 



After the serum has been absorbed i do also use my Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturiser. I use this product mostly for the acne fighting ingredients but the extra moisturising is also a great thing. I know applying these two may seem extreme but my skin has never felt so good and been so clean which is great. The combination of these two product also doesn't make me more oily than i normally am which is great. 



Next up is the first of my two primers. The first primer i use is the Collection Primed and Ready Mattifying and Pore minimising primer. I love this primer because it does help fill in my pores and create a smooth base. This primer also has witch hazel in it which also helps with acne and blemishes, and for the price it is amazing. 



The last 'pre foundation step' that i do is add my second primer which is the Barry M Flawless Colour Correcting Primer. I use this primer mainly for the colour correcting properties. My skin is a lot clearer than it used to be but it is still quite red and that is why i use this primer, and to be honest another layer of primer isn't going to hurt anybody. 



Next up is the actual foundation. I am still using the same foundation as i was in my everyday makeup routine which is the L'Oreal True Match foundation in 1.R/1.C Rose Ivory. I have been using this foundation for around 6 months and it is definitely my favourite foundation ever. I apply this with my B. Latex Free Blending Sponge (product review on this sponge here). The sponge does sheer out the coverage a little which personally i love. However if i do want more coverage i use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. 

And that is pretty much my foundation routine. After i finish my foundation i usually just conceal any areas that need to be concealed and then set my face. I hope you enjoyed this post, don't forget to let me know if you want an updated everyday makeup routine. 

Thanks for reading,
Soph xoxo 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow