My Current Favourite Makeup Brand - Planet Whispers

Tuesday, 28 June 2016

My Current Favourite Makeup Brand



Hey Whisperers,

So over the past month i have noticed that i have been drawn more towards one makeup brand. I'm not sure whether it is because it is new to me or if it is just because the products i have just are really good quality but i thought that either way i would blog about it anyway. 

Over the past few weeks every time i go into Boots i can't help but go and look at the NYX counter. Obviously for those of you who live in America NYX is nothing to you but for England you couldn't really get a hold of it until now. 

Let's Talk Money

Now don't get me wrong I am all about more affordable makeup and although NYX is still a drugstore brand it is for sure one of the higher priced makeup brands, however it is definitely worth the money. To me when it comes to drugstore makeup i definitely think it is price=quality kind of thing you can't really go into Boots and expect a £1 mascara to be the same quality as a £12 one. 

When it comes to NYX a lot of the makeup is a lot more affordable than i was expecting, especially when it comes the lip products (which are 100% my favourites.). The products range from £3 to £16 which isn't too bad considering the quality of the makeup. The NYX counters that I have been too do always seem to be very organised, well stocked and the staff are always helpful and nice which to be honest isn't always the case when it comes to makeup counters. 

My NYX Collection

Now my collection of NYX products isn't too big considering I only got my first product a month ago. However, I thought I would share the products I do have with you anyway. 


The NYX eye shadows, for me, are one of my favourite products. There's such a large selection to choose from, from Matte colours to foil shades and each one is so beautiful. My favourite of the single shadows are the shimmer/glitter shadows which have pretty much become my everyday lid shadows for the past few weeks. They add the perfect amount of shimmer without you looking like you've just stuck craft glitter to your eyelids. These shadows are £3.50 each which isn't too bad for the quality. You can also buy the refill pans and create your own palette which i think is a great idea. 


This lipstick was one of the first products that i purchased from NYX and i am so glad that i did. This lipstick is one of the most creamy and long lasting lipsticks that i have ever used and the colour is so beautiful. I saw this lipstick on the boots website and i instantly added it to my drugstore lipstick wish list (read that post here), so when i saw it in the store i was so excited to try it. The colour is a lot darker than I expected but it is still the perfect brown toned nude. and for £5.50 it was an amazing price.


This lipstick is my most recent NYX purchase and i am completely in love with it. I have tried so many matte lipsticks that make me feel like my lips are dry and cracked but this lipstick is completely different. At first I was kind of put off by how sticky and thick it was but the more it dried the more comfortable it got. The colour of this lipstick is also great and I love the complete lingerie range because it does give you so many options to find your perfect nude shade. I also think for a product of this size and quality £6.50 is an insanely good price considering that quite a few shades can be compared to Kylie Jenner's lip kits which retail for $29/£21.


NYX's most popular and most talked about products are probably their glosses so obviously i had to try one and they are definitely worth the hype. First of all they smell like cupcakes and lets be honest who doesn't want that and secondly they are just perfect. It is so hard to find lip glosses that aren't sticky and stringy but these glosses are so smooth and they feel amazing on the lips. The pigmentation of these glosses is also insane for only £5.50.


 Now buying this product i didn't really have any high hopes for it, honestly i thought i was going to hate it but i actually love it. I have always loved my brow pencils and powders so trying a pomade was something new for me, however it has made doing my brows so much easier. It is so easy to apply, blend and shape and it is the perfect shade for my brows. For £5.50 the quality and the amount of product you get is amazing. I would say that a small amount of this product goes a long way so if you are thinking about getting this product I would be more on the minimal side when applying it because it is so easy to over do it.

Availability

Now when it comes to NYX you can only get it in Boots stores and unfortunately not all Boots stores are stocking the NYX products. For me the closest store is either Birmingham City Centre which is half an hour away or Solihull which is 45 minutes away so getting a hold of the products isn't too easy. However you can always order the product online (here), which is obviously very easy however if you are anything like me you like to swatch the products in person which is why sometimes it is a little annoying not having a closer store.

Overall i completely love the NYX cosmetics products and I can't wait to get more of them in the future. I have always loved seeing people i watch on YouTube using the products in their videos so i am so happy that now i can try them out too!

I hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any NYX product suggestions let me know down below!

Thanks for Reading,
Soph xoxo

Disclaimer: All opinions and thoughts are my own and all products mentioned in this blog were paid for with my own money :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment