Sunday, 26 June 2016

Revolution Blush Palette- Product Review



Welcome back Whisperers,

Recently i have been obsessed with trying new highlighters and blushes so when I saw this Makeup Revolution palette in Superdrug the other day I couldn't not get it. I absolutely love Makeup Revolution products so I knew I had to try this palette out, and of course like pretty much every new product I buy I thought I would share it with you guys. So let's get on with the review!


The blush palette i chose to get was the Blush Goddess palette. There are a few different blush palettes, this one which is more pale, baby pinks and shimmer highlighters, golden shimmer which as the name shows is a more golden themed palette and another one called Sugar and Spice palette which has bright pink shades. I chose this palette because I am pretty much a ghost and the other palettes would have either made me look like i had been slapped or rubbed a bag of Doritos on my face. 

The packaging of this palette, alike all of Makeup Revolution's palettes, is a basic black plastic packaging, which to be honest is all you really need. The products themselves are decent sized blushes. The palette itself was only £6 which for 4 blush shades and 4 highlight shades is amazing. When looking at this palette online the colours too appear a lot brighter however in person they are a lot more neutral. 

Shade By Shade Review

(from top left across the top row, from bottom left across the bottom row)


Highlighters 

The first shade in the palette is a beautiful pink/brown colour. The marbling in this highlighter creates the perfect mauve shade when applied to the cheekbones which is beautiful for a daytime look. 

The next shade across in the palette is a beautiful pink colour. This colour reminds me a lot of the MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter in Pink Shimmer, which is one of my favourite highlighters. The only difference between the two is that this one is more glittery.

Next up is the lightest highlight shade in the palette and also my favourite. This shade is the most beautiful light cream and gold shade, which when swatched is the most amazing golden highlight. I can already tell this is going to be one of my most used shades in this palette.

The last of the four highlighters is to me pretty much the same as the first highlighting shade but just a little bit darker. For me personally I love this shade so i don't mind that it is so close in shade to the first shade however I know some people won't like this. 

Blushers

The first blush in the palette is a beautiful orange toned blush. For so long i avoided orange blushes but recently I have been loving them. When swatched this blush is a beautiful everyday blush colour, i can already tell this is going to be one of my most used blushes this summer. 

Next up is, what i think is, the most wearable blush in the palette. This shade is the perfect muted pink colour, perfect for day or night looks. When swatching the blushes this is probably the most pigmented of all of the blushes too. 

Next up is the brightest blushers in the palette. This blush is a muted hot pink blush which i think is perfect for summer. The pigmentation of this blush is quite good so i do think it will be easy to over do it on this colour when applying it which is something I always end up doing when applying blush.

Last of all is the darkest blush shade in the palette. This palette is a lovely dark pink shade, for me this is probably the most daring shade in the palette. Personally i like quite neutral blushes so i don't think i will be using this shade much. 

Final thoughts

And so that was my review of the Makeup Revolution Blush Palette in Blush Goddess. I would definitely recommend this palette if you're looking to try out a few blushes or even just looking for a good palette to travel with because it definitely has all the colours you would need. I can not wait to start using this palette I know it is going to be one of my summer favourites for sure.

I hope you enjoyed this post!

Thanks for Reading,
Soph xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow