Thursday, 30 June 2016

Summer reading list- Girl Online book review



Hey Whisperers,

So last week I wrote a post about my summer reading list and so today I am going to be doing the first of the book reviews. Today I will be reviewing Zoe Sugg's book Girl Online.

When I first got this book I pretty much got it because Zoe wrote it and I wanted to support her book, however when I started to read it I fell more in love with the storyline and characters. I know that there has been a lot of drama over the fact that Zoe had a ghost writer on the book but to be honest it doesn't really bother me. 

One thing that I love about this book is the subjects that it touches upon some of which include Bullying and Anxiety. For me it's not really easy to find books that portray these issues in a realistic way as most people seem to over exaggerate these themes. I think that the portrayal of anxiety was something that Zoe wanted to be realistic due to the fact that she herself deals with anxiety. 

The storyline of the book is also something that i love. I love seeing the growth of the character from a girl who was shy to a girl who knows how to stand up for herself and knows who her real friends are. I think that i saw myself a lot in Penny because I was bullied and I never used to be as confident as I am now. Obviously I also love the love story because come on who doesn't love a bit of romance. 

For me I think that this book is a perfect book if you're a teen. I know that a lot of older people have read this book and i don't think that there is any problem with that, however i do think that the themes and just the way the book is written makes it seem more aimed at younger teens. Personally i think this is a great book to read, it has so many different kinds of advice from how to handle your anxiety to what to wear on a first date and overall it is a great read.

Now let's get onto the ratings.

★★★★

★ - I wouldn't suggest this book
★★ - It was a ok book
★★★- It was a good book but nothing special
★★★★- It was a good book 
★★★★★- It was a great read I would definitely recommend it 

Favourite Quote

“Sometimes you have to face up to your fears to realize that they aren’t actually real.” 
-Zoe Sugg, Girl Online

I hope you enjoyed the first of my summer reading list book review! If you have anything you want me to add in my next one let me know down below!

Thanks for reading,
Soph xoxo




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow