Tuesday, 5 July 2016

My Makeup Tips and Tricks For Makeup Beginners




Hey Whisperers,

Although I am no makeup pro over the past few years I have picked up a few tips and tricks while doing my own makeup and watching others do theirs. Starting in makeup can be quite daunting if you have never worn it before, there are so many different products out there that knowing which ones to buy, which ones to avoid and even how to apply them and so today i thought i would do a quick post on my makeup tips and tricks for makeup beginners!

Makeup Tips for Makeup Beginners 


Don't Over Buy

 This is one thing i have seen a lot with people who are starting out in makeup. Now I know it is easy to walk into a store and want everything you see, but honestly when you're first starting out you don't need it all. I would suggest starting with the basics;  Foundation, Powder, Blush, Eyeshadow, Mascara and Brows. 

Think Cheap

Starting out in makeup you don't need to have all the high end products. While getting to grips with makeup you are going to mess up a bit and using high end products, although they are great, is going to end up in a lot of wasted money. I would suggest sticking to drugstore products, they're a lot cheaper and most of them are the same quality as high end products so wasting a little bit of them is a lot more cost effective than using high end alternatives.


Think Basic  

Now i know it's easy to go online and see all the new trends and wanting to try them but when starting out in in makeup it's probably best to stick to the basics. At least in the beginning anyway. 


Be Patient

Contouring, winged eyeliner, fleeky brows, perfect lips, they all take some time to perfect so don't get frustrated if they don't turn out right the first time. Believe me pretty much everyone who has ever worn makeup went through the beginners stage. Where their foundation didn't match their skin and their eyeshadow looked like something someone as Cirque Du Soleil would wear but practise really does make perfect.


Tools

One thing that a lot of people forget when it comes to starting out in makeup is the makeup tools you'll need. I would suggest starting out with some cheaper brushes from Primark or even a set from EBay (link here to some i own). A lot of people do start out applying things such as foundation with their hands but personally i don't really think that is hygienic so i do suggest getting some brushes and maybe a good blending sponge for your foundation (check out my favourite blending sponge here)


Practise

Practising is probably the biggest piece of advice i could give you. Even though I have been doing my makeup for around 6 years now I still practise my makeup. I love trying out new looks and new trends when I have nothing to do and I've found some of my most worn makeup looks by doing that. Practising really does help when it comes to makeup so i suggest practising a lot. 


Makeup Tricks for Makeup Beginners


Tape Eyeliner

Using tape on the side of your eye can help you create a perfectly straight line for your eyeliner. It can also help create a crisp line of your eyeshadow which looks amazing. Before using the tape always stick it to the back of your hand first so it isn't too harsh on the eyes.


Set It

Getting a good setting spray can change a whole look. I have found myself looking like a complete chalk board one too many times when I've applied too much powder to so getting a good setting spray is one of my top tips. Using a setting spray after all your powders, but before your highlight helps absorb a lot of that excess powder. I always apply my highlighter after because i find that setting sprays kind of dull the highlight. 


Spoon It

If like me, you can't apply bottom mascara without making yourself look like a panda, a plastic spoon is going to be your new makeup best friend. Placing the spoon facing downward below the bottom lash line with your lashes on top helps you to get that perfect bottom lash mascara without the panda eyes. It also helps to get a thicker coat which is always great. 


Dried Out

One makeup that dries out incredibly fast is mascara. You are supposed to change your mascara every 4 months, for obvious hygiene reasons, but most mascaras tend to dry up much faster. To fix this all you have to do is add a few drops of any eye drops to the mascara tube and shake the tube. This re hydrates the product and is completely safe for the eyes because of the eye drops.


Foundation Match

When matching a foundation in store always match it to your neck not your cheek. Your neck is less exposed to the sun than your face so matching your foundation to your neck will give you a more true shade than say your hand or cheek.


Recycled Spoolie 

You can always use a spoolie. They're like the bobby pins of the makeup world, there one day missing the next. When you're finished with a mascara clean off the wand using soap, makeup cleaner and water, once cleaned leave them to dry and then you have a brand new, perfectly clean spoolie. I've done this a lot with my old makeup wands and to be honest i prefer the mascara wands to the store bought spoolies. 

I hope these tips and tricks have helped you! If you have any makeup tricks let me know down below!

Thanks for Reading,
Soph xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow