Summer Reading List- Paper Town Book Review - Planet Whispers

Thursday, 28 July 2016

Summer Reading List- Paper Town Book Review



Hey Whisperers,

Welcome to another one of my summer reading list book reviews. It's been a while since i wrote one of these posts so bare with me, things probably won't be perfect. Anyways, this week I will be reviewing John Green's book Paper Towns.

I first heard of Paper Towns when I was buying Looking For Alaska (read that book review here), i never really knew how i felt about the storyline of the book but in the end i decided to get it anyway. Paper Towns is a book about a boy who falls in love with a girl after a mysterious night out together., the girl then disappears and the book kind of becomes a search for her. 

Most people know the book from the film which was released mid summer last year, however for some reason i never got around to watching it and instead I read the book. Obviously I don't want to give away too much of the plot but this book is definitely an 'on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next' kind of book. There are so many different twists and turns that you can't help becoming obsessed with the storyline. For me I love piecing together clues so you enjoy that too i would highly suggest this book.

I know that some of you may be more on the younger side so I do have to say this book, alike most of John Green's books does have quite a bit of  swearing and some sexual references are made. For me i didn't really care because let's face it it's just life but I know that some people like to avoid books with those theme in. The book does also have it's fair share of 'suicide' talk with one of the first things in the book being the two main characters finding a dead body of a man who killed himself and later on speculation of suicide when it comes to one of the characters. 

For me I would definitely recommend this book. The twists and turns in the plot just pull you in and you can't put the book down and for me that is the perfect book. It isn't the longest book (320 pages) but it is still a great read.


TIME TO RATE IT!


★★★★

★ - I wouldn't suggest this book
★★ - It was an ok book
★★★- It was a good book but it was nothing special
★★★★- It was a good book
★★★★★- It was a great book and i would definitely recommend it

Favourite Quotes


“Talking to a drunk person was like talking to an extremely happy, severely brain-damaged three-year-old.” 

“As long as we don't die, this is gonna be one hell of a story.”

"maybe she loved mysteries so much that she became one.” 

“Nothing ever happens like you imagine it will”

I hope you enjoyed this weeks book review!

Thanks for Reading,
Soph xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment