Sunday, 14 August 2016

Blog Update + Milestones





Hey Whisperers,

Long time to see. Over the past few weeks i have been really struggling to write blog posts. I don't know if it is because I have just been rushed off my feet or if i just don't have any inspiration but I have been finding blogging really hard, hence the lack of posts.

When i first started this blog 6 months ago, yes 6 months, I had so many ideas but I splurged all my thoughts on the blog and I have just hit a massive wall. I absolutely love blogging, but when it gets this hard it is so easy to just not log in and write, it is so easy to just abandon everything. However I don't want to abandon this blog, I want to keep it going.

Over the next month or so I have decided to stock up on all of my posts and re-launch the blog all together. I haven't yet decided if I am going to redesign all of the blog, because i do love the way it looks right now, but I will be relaunching the blog.

I didn't want this whole post to be about how hard blogging has become because over the past few months I have hit so many milestones that I never imagined I would hit when I first started blogging. I know to some these milestones may be something so small and un-necessary but I can't pretend that each one didn't make me happy and excited even just a little bit so before i sign off for the next month I wanted to share some of my blogging high's with you guys!

My Blogging Milestones

I Hit 1000 Views

When i first started this blog i never thought I would even hit 100 views never mind 1000. I remember hitting it, i messaged my friends freaking out because for me 1000 views was something insane. I look back now and it amazes me how much further I have come since then, just a few weeks ago i hit 3000 views and it still amazes me. Now I know that it isn't all about the numbers, but they do make a difference. They help to encourage you to blog, to remind you that there are people reading, people who want to see more. It isn't the most important thing about blogging but it is an amazing thing to achieve. 

6 Months Of Blogging

The past 6 months of blogging have been amazing. I have learnt so much about editing, writing, planning, organising and so much more. When I began blogging I had only ever blogged for college so having a blog to write about whatever I wanted to blog about was weird. But I loved it. After 1 month I was completely in love but I never thought I would stick with it, I felt like there was no point but I did and I am so glad that I did, 

I Did My First Collaboration

So as some of you may know a few weeks ago I did my first collaboration post with Georgia's Beauty Box. Looking back at all of my posts from the past 6 months (there's almost 100, WHAT!) that post is definitely one of my favourites. I had so much fun working with Georgia on what to write about and what to do and it is 100% one of my favourite posts. 

B. Beauty Sponge

Now I know that this milestone may seem so small but for me it still amazes me. Back in February i wrote a review on the B. Beauty Sponge and like many of my other posts i expected it to get 20-50 views at most. But sitting here today it has almost hit 500. Like I've previously said i never really expected anyone but the few friends I told about my blog to read it so when I saw the views growing and growing it was so shocked it was unreal. 

I Started Cooking Posts

One thing I have always loved reading/watching is cooking posts and videos so in May i decided to try cooking posts out myself. Of course I only have 3 of them so it isn't as if  I have a cookbook full of recipes but for me it was something I have always wanted to do. For me cooking posts are both my favourite and most hated posts to write. I love the writing of the post and i love the cooking but together it is a lot more time consuming than it seems. Something that would normally take 30 minutes to cook normally ends up taking around 50-60 because i have to take pictures, note down what I'm doing, make sure the lighting is write, list the ingredients and measurements. It's a lot of work but I do love them. 

 I Hit 3 Months of SOTW

Song of The Week is probably my favourite series I have on the blog. If you don't know what Song of The Week is it is a mini series I have on the blog where I talk about what song i have been obsessed with that week. I love writing SOTW's because they are just so calming and fun to write. I love finding new artists, or even old artists and listening to new music so SOTW is so perfect for me. 



There are so many other things I have done in the past 6 months but i don't want to make this post too long so I am going to stop there. I have had such an amazing 6 months of blogging and I can't wait to come back at the end of September and start again. 

I know that no posts will probably mean that some of you may stop reading but I hope you don't! There is so much more to come.

Thanks for Reading,
See You In September Whisperers,
Love Soph xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow