Birchbox Unboxing - October 2016 - Planet Whispers

Monday, 17 October 2016

Birchbox Unboxing - October 2016


Hey Whisperers,

I'm so excited with this months Birch Box! When i got my first Birch Box last month i wasn't really expecting much but i was quite surprised and this month it's even better. I honestly never really expected these boxes to have much in them because they are so affordable but they are 100% living up to the hype. 


This Months Theme

This months Birchbox theme is star signs and 4 elements, Fire,Water,Air and Earth. When you sign up to Birchbox you obviously have to do the usual name, date of birth and address stuff and so this month they used your Date Of Birth to determine what box design you got! For me i got Fire (my favourite of the 4 elements) because my star sign is Leo. I love this months design, especially the fact that the stars glow in the dark! However, I'm not too sure if the element you got changed the products you got or if was just the box design. 



What I Got This Month


Rituals: The Ritual of Sakura Body Cream 
Full Size RRP- £19.50

 I am always up for trying out new body creams, especially during the autumn/winter times. This body cream by Rituals is probably one of the best smelling body creams I've ever tried, strangely it smells like a Yankee Candle, but definitely in a good way! It is just such a comforting scent and it is an AMAZING size, perfect for keeping in your bag on the go during these colder months.


Doux Me: Pure Spring Mist
Full Size RRP- £16

Now when I first saw this I was quite confused as I personally think that  water mists are more suited for the summer months but once I tried it out I was pleasantly surprised. This mist, as named, is a pure spring water mist and it feels amazing on the skin. I will probably still save it until summer because I don't think I will use it much through the winter but it is definitely a great product to have received and it, alike the body cream is a great size!


Whish: Renewing Mud Mask
Full Size RRP- £ £29

 As most of you guys know I am all about my face masks! I haven't tried many mud masks so I am very excited to try this mask. When reading the directions for this product I was however quite surprised at the application process. It says in the information booklet that this mask should be left on for 15 seconds if you have sensitive skin and for no longer than 2 minutes in any other circumstance which I found quite strange and for the price that you pay for a full size version I'd want to wear it for longer! However it does make this mask great for people who don't have the time to sit down and wait 20-40 minutes for a mask to dry completely.


Number 4: Fluoro5 Elixer Restore & Repair Oil 
Full Size RRP- £18

I love the thought of this product sooo much but i can't currently use it in my hair, which totally sucked all of the excitement out of it for me, but lets just go back to the moments before i realised i couldn't use it! This product is great for people with dull and dry hair! I tried it out on my hand and it does feel quite greasy so if that isn't your kind of thing then you probably won't like this product. It doesn't have a scent which personally think is great. The sample size isn't the largest but for a hair oil i think it's pretty good considering you only need a small amount.

Lord & Berry: 20100 Maxi Matte Crayon Lipstick in Intimacy 
FULL SIZE PRODUCT ALERT - RRP £12

First of all i was so excited that this was a full size product, it is such a beautiful colour and i fell in love with it straight away. It is a beautiful rose colour and it glides onto lips perfectly. Something i love most about this product is that i think it would look amazing on a variety of skin tones so all of the Birchbox subscribers can actually use it. I have worn this lipstick quite a few times since i got it and i love the way it feels on the lips. When you apply it, it kind of feels tacky but after a few moments it completely dries and you pretty much forget you have it on because it feels like there's nothing there which i love. I will definitely be looking into buying some more shades!

Birchbox: Eyebrow Brush
FULL SIZE PRODUCT ALERT - RRP £1.99

When i saw that this product was listed as a bonus full size product i was kind of disappointed , I'm not going to lie. I have purchased some brow brushes like this in the past and I just can't seem to like them, they either end up in the bin or in my brush pot collecting extra powder that falls off more used brushes. However, i do see how this could be a good product for other people as it pretty much a staple for anyone who loves makeup. I just prefer a spoolie instead but that's just me being a picky so and so!



Total RRP for this month's Box

£96.49


So as you can tell this months box was pretty amazing! What did you think of this months Birchbox? Did you get different products than me? Let me know down below in the comments!

If you want to join Birchbox use my link here to get £5 worth of Birchbox Points!  

Thanks for Reading
Love,

Soph 
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. The box and the products you have got in this birchbox look so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the box so much it's so cute, they're like draws too so they're great for stacking on top of each other and storing things in!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete