Thursday, 13 October 2016

Boot's New Makeup Brand? Makeup Obsession Product Review

Hey Whisperers,

While i was shopping on the Boots website the other week i saw that boots had a new brand, Makeup Obsession, and obviously me being me i had to look into it. That was when i found that the brand was a brand where you could create and customise your own palettes. I was way too excited and so as i do, i got some to try and review for you guys! I hope you enjoy. 

Where can you buy this product?

Obviously as i just said i got these products from Boots but believe me it took awhile. Now you can just order these products online and have it be a lot quicker, however if like me you like to swatch and see the products in person you will have to look online to find a store you can purchase them from. Now when i first saw these products I didn't know that they were only available in selected stores so I was looking for 2 weeks wondering why i couldn't find them anywhere. The Makeup Obsession products are only available in what Boots have called Emporium stores. These stores have a whole area of the store dedicated to makeup, personalisable (i think that's a word, if not, it is now) products and makeup artists. As far as i am aware this is quite a new thing, click here to find your closest Boots Emporium store. 


What I got?

Ready To Fill Medium Palette 
£4

Matte Eyeshadow
£2

Shimmer Eyeshadow
£2

Contour Powder
£3

Blush
£3

Highlighting Powder
£3



How does it work?

Now as i said before these are customisable palettes. You buy the empty palette and fill it with the eye shadows,highlighters,bronzers and blushes that you pay for separately. One thing i love about these products is the size of the pans, no matter what option you go for (eyeshadow,bronzer etc.) all of the pans are the same size, which when it comes to eye shadows is amazing because they are quite large pans (about the same size as the face of a watch).


To add the pans to your palette you simply open the box they come in, push the back of the pan until it pops out and click it into place in the desired slot on the palette. I love the fact that they are so easy to take out of the packaging and put in the palette, some other palettes like this are quite difficult to remove and then you end up breaking the product which sucks. Another thing i absolutely love about these products is that you don't have to worry about having to deal with sticking new names on the back of the pans. Each pan comes with the name on the back and as you can see above, that part of the pan shows through the back of the palette so it is easy to see the name of each shade. Instead of the usual picking up of the pan where you end up with eyeshadow all over your hands like a naughty kid who got into their moms makeup, you just flip the palette over and look at the shade names on the back.

Left to right;
Chocolate Cream Eyeshadow, Perfect Blush, Bare Highlighting Powder, Light Contour Powder,
 Rapture Eyeshadow and London Eyeshadow.

Pigmentation, Quality, Review?

I can't deny that these products are great quality. They're soft, very easy to blend and they have great pigmentation. Honestly, i don't really have many bad things to say about these products. The range itself is huge (as you can see from the first image in this post). I got all powder products but there's also a variety of cream highlighters and contour shades too which were incredible when i swatched them in store so don't forget to check them out here. The only pro and con of these palettes is how easy they are to pop out. I love the fact that you can change them so easily, however when it comes to carrying the palette or travelling with it, it is almost too easy to pop out the pans which leads to them sliding over other pans and creating a mess. If i could do anything i would add another clear lid to the back of the palette to protect the back of the pans. Apart from that I absolutely love these products and I can't wait to go and buy more pans so i can switch them out!

I hope you've enjoyed this post, if you've tried any Makeup Obsession products let me know down below!

Thanks for reading,
Love
Soph
xoxo



9 comments:

  1. Love the sound of this brand, I really hope my Boots has it stocked (by the sounds of it it isn't an emporium store). Love that you can make your own palette, it's like a dupe of the Mac ones!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using them constantly since I got them and they're so good! I think that they're definetley a dupe for the Mac ones!

      Thank you for reading!
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. I think they're a dupe for the Jeffree Star eyeshadows (the large pans and star logo) but I think they're changing the impressed logo

      Delete
  2. These look amazing! I think I'm going to have to seek them out near me!

    Chloejaerobinson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a tad sceptical when i first saw the price of them but they were so worth getting! The quality of them is soooo good!!

      Thank You for Reading,

      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I've just read a whole review on this and I'm gonna have to check this brand out next week! It's so affordable too so it's such a bonus!!! Great post and review lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so worth it for the money! You can also get the palette customised with your name which i think is just the perfect extra touch!

      Thanks for reading!
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love the sound of this, it is so cheap and the colours look amazing!!! Love what you did with the GIF xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting it to be way more when i saw it on the website but the price is so good! They have so many shades, it took me quite awhile to pick just 6! You'll have to let me know if you get any!

      Thanks for reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow