Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Birchbox Unboxing- November 2016



Hey Whisperers,

I'm back again with another Birchbox unboxing. This month's box isn't one of the best that I've received but I'm still pretty excited about a few of the products so let's get into it.


This month's box as you can see from the front is sponsored by Tatler Magazine, I'm not sure if they chose the products this month or if they just sponsored the box but i LOVE the design. If this is the first time you've heard of Birchbox you're probably a little confused right now, so let me just explain to you what birch box is. Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that costs £12.95 a month, where you receive 5+ beauty, skincare or hair care items. The items can be sample sized or full size and each month they get delivered right to your door.  



What I Got In My Box

Full Size RRP- £15.00

When i first saw this product i was really excited, I've seen the OCC Lip Tars everywhere and I've been wanting to try them for awhile but then i saw that this was a primer and i was a little disappointed. However my hopes were still high because it did say in the booklet that you get that it can be used with all lipsticks to help add to the longevity of them and can also help make them more pigmented. Now, I was a little annoyed with this product because of it's size. This little tube is 0.08fl oz. Yup that small. For a box that normally has quite good sample sizes i was quite disappointed at the size of this i mean it isn't even 0.1fl oz never mind 1fl oz. The product itself is quite good and i do like it, the sample size however made this more disappointing than exciting.


I tried this product out pretty much as soon as i got it out of the box. Recently my skin has been so dry and calling out for some TLC and this moisturiser is the answer. If you've read any of my other posts you'll know i received a NUXE product a few months ago which was also a moisturiser, so i am familiar to the brand. This moisturiser is quite a thick moisturiser but it absorbs into the skin amazingly and I'm in love with it. It doesn't really have a strong fragrance which i like and it's pretty much a simple moisturiser. It does say that it is anti-fatigue, which honestly I don't really understand but hey it can only be a positive right?

Full Size RRP- £18.50 

First of all can i just say this product smells incredible! This leave in conditioner is by a brand i have heard of before and it looks incredible. Like i've said in previous posts i do have quite damaged, coloured hair so i do have to be careful what products i use on it, however i have been told that i can use this by my hairdresser. The sample size you get is amazing and the packaging is beautiful. If leave in conditioners aren't your thing and you want to try out something different from this brand i highly suggest using the Beauty Protector Protect and Oil which is amazing. You pretty much spray this into wet hair and leave it to dry which is amazing if like me you don't like wash out conditioning treatments.

Full Size RRP- £55

Now first of all the RRP of this product is insane. I tried this on my face once i read about it and it felt amazing. It isn't too greasy and it absorbs into the skin well, which is something i love. Another thing i absolutely love about this sample is the packaging. It comes in a mini pump which itself is adorable but it is then also packaged in a small green box, there's just something about packaging that i love. This product is not yet available as it has not yet launched, however you can join the waiting list on birch box to buy it when it is released.


FULL SIZE PRODUCT ALERT-  RRP- £7.99

I've been wanting to try EcoTOOLS brushes for a long time but for some reason I've just never actually got them so when i saw this when i opened my box this month i was so excited. The brush is full size which is amazing and it feels so incredibly soft that i can't even handle it. It is perfect for applying and blending blush and after trying this I'm definitely going to be purchasing some more brushes from this brand. 


Total RRP for this month's Box

£117.49

Overall i do like this months box but i was a bit disappointing by a few of the products. I know that i'm going to get smaller samples and repeat brands in these boxes but it does suck when it happens. Apart from that, i did like the box. The brush is incredible and the conditioner is great. I highly suggest trying Birchbox if you want to try out and find new brands.

If you want to join Birchbox use my link here to get £5 worth of Birchbox Points!  

What did you think of this months Birchbox? Did you get something different in yours? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for Reading,
Love,
Soph
xoxo


Disclaimer- This post is not sponsored, all products brought were brought with my own money and all opinions are my own. All Birchbox customers are given a link to invite people so i thought i would share mine! 

40 comments:

  1. The products look nice. I love ecotools brushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definetly want to try more now i've tried this one out a few times! They're such good quality and they're quite affordable too!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph xoxo

      Delete
  2. The products in this box seem much better than usual. Makes me want to subscribe. The box is really pretty this month too!

    Chloejaerobinson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing the box designs just as much as i do to seeing the products aha! I really do suggest trying it out, even if you only want to try it for a month you can cancel the subscription after a month!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. The design of the box is so nice and I love Nuxe products as they are always amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun bright box this month! I've tried a few Nuxe products from this subscription so far and they've been amazing!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Ah it's absolutely crazy how much you got for such a small amount of money! I wish we got boxes like this here because I would definitely buy them! What a great box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me awhile to find a box i liked over here in the UK but it was well worth the search! I was looking online just and i saw there was a box called RubyBox in South Africa, maybe that could be an alternitive for Birchbox in South Africa!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. This has got me so tempted to subscribe to this omg stop. All the products look amazing and such top quality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha you should give it a try! Even if you only have it for a month you can always cancel the subscription! Plus if you use the code you can get £5 worth of points which you can get extra products with!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. wow such a hand box. Never heard of Birchbox before but it seems really good. Hetty

    www.hettyashasiabee.com
    fashion|lifestyle|baby trends|entertainment|self-help|motivational inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boxes are made like draws so they are so easy to reuse! The designs are always super cute too!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Omg, I was thinking of pairing up with them! I love the products. Everything looks great. Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is honestly an amazing box to get! It's like a present from me to me each month aha!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Ah I just got my glossybox today and I'm glad I'm happy with what I got or I'd be incredibly jealous - the products in birchbox look amazing!

    XO
    Ashley
    http://ashlexyz.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be subsribed to glossy box but i stopped a little while before i started blogging. I was going to re-sub and do a comparing post but i'm not too sure!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. OMG i love subscription boxes!! Im so jealous!!Well done for such an amazing post!

    Jade
    http://everydayyoungmum.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've fell in love with them more and more! It's so worth the money, i've had 4 boxes now and each one has had a fullsize product and next months has one too, it's such good value for money!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. Lovely photos, so tempting to subscribe to this box! The products look so high quality! Great post lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would, it's such good value for money and the quality never falters. I've had 4 boxes and all of them have been amazing!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. The detangler is amazing! I use it still.

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had chance to use it yet but i'm so excited to it smells INCREDIBLE!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. Great post! I've never subscribed to a beauty box before, never been sure it they'd be worth the money, some months seem to be better than others!

    Tiffany X www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definetley agree with the fact that some months are better than others but i love the process of getting the box each month. They make fun and simple posts too! I haven't had a box i've hated so far and i've been subscribed for 3 months (and recieved 4 boxes) each box has had atleast one full size product and next month does too. If you were to try out one i'd definitely try birchbox even if it is only for 1 month it's worth it !

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  13. These look amazing! Great post x
    Robyn // http://www.midnightandlace.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Although there are a few repeat brands and small samples it really was a good box still!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  14. The packaging of this is SO pretty! Love unboxing posts like this <3
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this months box! I think i love the packaging as much as the products most months aha!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  15. I love OCC and eco tools, that's such a great box. It is a shame that it was a lip primer instead of a normal tar but I'm sure it will still be a great product.

    Abi xo | www.wanderlustdaydreaming.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to try both brands for a while so i'm glad i got them in the box! I was a little disappointed that it was a primer but now i've used it i love it just as much it's so moisturising and it makes my lips feel amazing!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  16. Oh, I kind of wish I hadn't of read this now... Makes me really want to subscribe! Products look even better than usual, AND how pretty?!!?!? Ahhhhh!

    Ayse,

    www.ayselulu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh you need to it's so worth it!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  17. Great post! I've been thinking about getting a Birchbox, I get an ipsy bag but I want to branch out a little more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% suggest getting it! It's such a fun box to get and it has such amazing products!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  18. Your products look so good this month! I'm waiting for my glossybox! Love how you've set it out xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried a few and they're so good! Can't wait to read your GlossyBox post!!xxx

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  19. I agree with the repeat brands and smaller samples, I didn't even get an eco brush this month so very disappointed. Hoping for better things in December! Great post xox

    prettylittleflirt.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It drives me mad when they repeat brands, i joined to try new brands so when they repeat it's kind of pointless. Can't wait for Decembers box!


      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  20. always wanted to try one of these boxes but never know if its good for the money? great blog post. clo x
    https://chloeamandaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definetley worth the money for sure! The £5 link is always a positive too! I'd give it a try even if it's just for one month!1

      Thanks for reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow