Tuesday, 22 November 2016

Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette- Swatches and Review



Hey Whisperers, 

A few weeks ago i was in Boots and i finally got my hands on the Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette that I've been wanting to try for ages. I'm pretty sure I'm 100 years late to be writing this review but i thought I'd do it anyway just in case some of you haven't had a chance to try it out and see it in person! I put this palette in my top drugstore highlighters post (here) so you probably already know my thoughts about it but i thought i'd go more in detail in a separate post for you guys! I hope you enjoy!!



Packaging

I am in love with this packaging, it's so beautiful and elegant. The packaging of this palette is all reflective gold and although it is very lightweight it feels like such good quality.  Each of the four highlighters are split into four identically sized pans inside the palette with a mirror on the inside. I love the fact that this is a reflective palette because the outside doubles as a mirror so you can always use it as a small mirror when travelling. 


Swatches & Review

In the palette you get three powder highlights and a cream highlight, for £9.99 which is a great price for a palette of this quality. I had heard prior to buying this product that the shades were pigmented but i didn't expect them to be this amazing Each shade is just as incredible as the last, the palette is pretty much a beauty girls dream. 

Shade By Shade



Subsolar-

Subsolar is the lightest shade in the palette and it is absolutely beautiful, it's a gorgeous pale yellow shade that gives off a silver glow when applied to the cheeks. This shade is probably my most used shade in the palette because it gives such a good glow without looking weird on my pale skin.

Equinox-

Equinox is a beautiful rose gold shade and it is perfect. This shade is probably the most wearable shade in the palette. It looks amazing with a bronzed look and blends out perfectly. This shade is also one of the most pigmented in the palette so you only need a small amount to achieve the perfect instagram worthy glow. 

Hemisphere-

When i first got this palette i never thought i'd use this shade but it's quickly become my most used shade. Hemisphere is a beautiful lilac shade and oh my god is it bright. I don't use this shade on the cheekbones much because it is very strong, however i do use it almost daily as an inner corner highlight. I saw NikkieTutorials do this in her recent collaboration with Jeffrey Star and Manny MUA so i had to give it a go and i love it. 


Ecliptic-

I've never tried out a cream highlighter before so when it came to trying out Ecliptic i wasn't quite sure what to expect but this shade is beautiful. When you look at it in the pan it looks quite dark but when swatched it's the perfect bronze shade, the cream blends out amazingly and it sets into place so well (it took some scrubbing to get the swatch off my arm). 


Overall Thoughts


I had high hopes for this palette after seeing it all over instagram, twitter and You Tube and my hopes have definitely been met. The shades in this palette are absolutely beautiful and they look amazing on the skin. I definitely recommend trying out this palette if you can get your hands on it because it is definitely worth it!


What's your go to highlighter? Let me know in the comments down below!

Where to buy this product- 
Thanks for Reading,
Love
Soph
xoxo 




30 comments:

  1. Aw I'm so glad you liked it! It's always so annoying when things are over-hyped online and then turn out to be mediocre aha <3

    Morgan // www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so worried it wasn't going to live up to the hype but it definitely did!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Ah those swatches 😍 I've seen so many posts on this and everyone seems to love it! I need to invest asap! Fab post lovely :) x
    Rachel | www.rachelxblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha i'm trying to hard to sort out my swatches so i'm glad you liked it! I'd definetley recommend getting the gift set i got i mean for 1p more you get a lipstick and i mean come on it's definetley worth it!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I have been lusting after this for so so long!! Those shades are beyond beautiful- will be buying this asap! <3
    Robyn // http://www.midnightandlace.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly amazing!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. YAS! These are my kind of highlights and I most definitely need to get my hands on this palette after seeing your gorgeous swatches!

    XO
    Ashley
    https://ashlexyz.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're absolutley gorgeous it's one of those palettes that has everything you need!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I recently just picked up this palette, haven't had a chance to play with it yet though. Great swatches lovely!

    Terri X
    www.c0yoteugly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been trying to do better swatches so i'm glad you liked them

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. This palette is absolutely gorgeous. I love all the shades. They look so beautiful and pigmented. Definitely going to check it out. xo

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definetley one of the best highlighters i've ever used

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. ooh those swatches and colours look incredible! so pretty! i should probably invest in one of those haha! love the post and your photography! x

    possiblysami.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so pretty, i'm not sure if i love the purple on the cheeks but it's incredible on the inner corner! I've been working on my swatches and photography a lot so it means a lot that you liked it!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. This is my favourite highlighter palette! The colours are incredibly versatile and pigmented, I could rave about it all day long xx
    http://www.dellalovesnutella.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing i pretty much recommend it to everyone i know that wears makeup aha!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. I cant believe I havent tried this palette yet its sooo pretty! thanks for sharing the swatches xXx


    www.jessicabkennedy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what took me so long to get it but i'm so glad i did

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. I love this palette so much! I don't get much use out of the purpley shade though.

    heavenlychaoss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definetley try it out as an inner corner highlight it looks amazing!!


      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. This palette looks gorgeous! I've heard a lot about it but hadn't read a review of it until now! I really want to try it now!

    Hannah | alongsidehannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so worth it!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. Those colors look absolutely gorgeous, Soph! I wish there was a Boots in the US. Looking forward to your next post. x

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're honestly amazing! I think that you can get it shipped to America on the website though!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  13. Those shades are beyond gorgeous! They look so natural, but at the same time super glam.
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing it's definetely my go to highlighting palette

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xox

      Delete
  14. This palette is gorgeous ! All the shades are really so beautiful !

    Claire, http://www.clairetalksbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so easy to wortk with too!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  15. I've done a review of this palette also, it's my go to highlighter palette! I'm almost done with Equinox shade (creams do tend to expire faster) and I'm thinking about getting the new gold one! Have you seen it? <3
    Taupe Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The golden one? It's beautiful i swatched it in store i'm definetley going to try and get my hands on it!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow