Tuesday, 1 November 2016

This Month's Beauty Buys


Hey Whisperers,

Over the past month I've been trying out a few new beauty products and as always I thought I would share them with you. I brought these products over a few weeks so don't be alarmed i definitely didn't go on a spending spree! Let me know if you have tried out any new products in the comments below because I'm always looking for new makeup to try out! Now lets get into the post.

This Month's Beauty Buys


£4.99 each
The first product I've been trying out is the Maybelline Colour Tattoo's. Now let's be honest I am so late to trying these it's actually ridiculous. I brought these two from my local boots where they were on offer for buy one get one half price which made them £3.74 each, which lets be honest is a great offer. The two shades i got were 101 Breathless which is from the original collection which is a beautiful gold shade and 91 Creme De Rose from the Creamy Mattes collection which is a rose toned matte shade. I use Creme De Rose everyday as my eye primer and it's perfect, it has just the right amount of pigment but it isn't too thick which i love. I would definitely recommend trying these out if you haven't already.

£3.50
Next up is the Makeup Revolution Ultra Brow Arch and Shape pencil. Now, the reason i brought this product is because last Christmas i got the Soap and Glory Eyes Box which had the Archery Pencil in and i fell in love with it. However after using it for awhile i obviously ran out but I didn't love it enough to pay £10 for it, but then i saw this product in Superdrug a few weeks ago and I couldn't not get it. Now this product is EXACTLY the same. One end is a regular pencil and the other is more of a precision felt tip and i absolutely love it. If you love the Soap and Glory Archery Pencil but you cringe at the price this is a great dupe for it and i mean £3.50 compared to £10?! You can't really go wrong for that price. 

£5.00
Next up is the another Makeup Revolution product, can you tell i love their products. This is the Makeup Revolution Pro Fix  Amazing Makeup Fixing Spray. Now for me I pretty much like any setting spray i use because, luckily, even without it my makeup doesn't really budge, however i do wear setting spray just as an extra precaution. This setting spray is £5 at Superdrug which to start of with is a great price. One thing i love about this product (apart from the beautifully elegant packaging) is the smell, it isn't too chemical like many other products but at the same time it isn't fragrance less either for £5 I'd definitely give it a try. 

£4.00
Primers,primers,primers. I've tried so many it's unreal. For some reason no matter what i do my face breaks out when i use a primer, but if i don't use a primer my makeup just clings to every dry patch of skin on my face and looks terrible. So I've been trying out different primers for the past few months and this is one of the newest ones I've brought. This is the MUA Pro Base Moisturising Primer,  I have only used it a few times and I've kind of developed a love hate relationship with it and i love the fact that it has tea tree in it, which has helped with my skin but it isn't exactly great at priming,it's more of a moisturiser so i tend to mix it with my L'Oreal Paris Infallible Primer . But for £4 i may as well keep using it and see if it carries on helping my skin.  

£2.99
I can not even begin to explain how much i love this product! I first saw this on a friends snapchat and i fell in love, so as you do, i messaged her to find out what it was and went and brought it the next day (please say I'm not the only one who does that). This is the Collection Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liner in Funk and it is absolutely beautiful. I had never used glitters on my eyes before this, so when i tried it i was in love, it is so easy to use and it adds so much to an eye look. I have yet to use it as an actual eyeliner because the glitter is a bit chunky compared to other glitters i've seen but i definitely recommend it and for £2.99?! How can you not give it a try. 


Last but definitely not least is probably the product i am the most excited about. This is the Too Faced Cat Eyes palette and it is gorgeous. I've been wanting to try out some Too Faced products for quite awhile but I've never actually committed to getting any, but when i saw this palette i fell in love. One of my favourite things about this product however is probably the price i paid for it. As most of you know I love TKMaxx so as i normally do i popped in to have a look at the makeup and found this amazing deal for only £9.99 and i couldn't resist getting it. Obviously being as curious as i am i had to look at how much it retails for and i was shocked when i saw that it retails in Debenhams for £32. It contains 3 matte shadows, 3 shimmer shadows and 3 wet to dry shadows which for £9.99 i would have been a fool to leave behind! 

So they were my beauty buys for this month, I hope you enjoyed this post and if you have any of these products let me know what you think of them down below, and remember to always look in the makeup section at your local TKMaxx because some of the products they have in are amazing, I've seen all sorts of brands from Nars to Too Faces and BH Cosmetics it really is a hidden gem when it comes to makeup. 


Thanks for Reading,
Love,
Soph 
xoxo





20 comments:

  1. What a great bargain on that Too Faced palette!! This is why I love TKMaxx, I've seen little Dior things in there for well under RRP. I also love the look of those glam crystal liners too! Love me some make up bargains

    Lisa | http://www.fairlyrosy.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think it was right when i first saw it, i was expecting to get to the till and have them tell me it was wrong aha! Definitely one of my favourite places to shop!!

      Thanks for reading,
      Soph xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love a beauty post! I also use the glitter eyeliner for my glamourous going out smokey eye gold make up and it's a brilliant product!

    Courteney XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think i was going to like it at first but i fell in love with it!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I keep seeing loads of people saying that you can get some Too Faced products in TK Maxx but I'm still yet to see any! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first time I'd seen any in there, they're pretty much the first thing to go! Hopefully you find some soon!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph xoxo

      Delete
  4. I've been meaning to get some makeup from makeup revolution so badly! I want it so much✨💞😩 I loved this post. Definitely saving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love makeup revolution, it's definitely one of my favourite brands. If you're looking for a good Eyeshadow Palette or a Highlighter the I❤️makeup brand (owned by Makeup revolution) is also incredible!!

      Thanks for reading,
      Soph xoxo

      Delete
  5. I haven't bought a beauty product in so long. I really like those eyeshadow's. They look gorgeous. xo

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited when I saw it! They blend so well and the pigment is insane!

      Thanks for reading,
      Soph xoxo

      Delete
  6. I love the look of the eye bases! Ive only got the ones that are shimmery and they are amazing but will deffo try the bases as I'm always running out of concealer! Loved this post xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good you need to try them!

      Thanks for reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. I loved this, I've also managed to find some great products in TK Maxx including some Victoria's Secret shower products for £8! http://everydayadventure365.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people don't give it a chance! I'm not saying every time you go in that there's going to an amazing deal but it's so worth looking!!

      Thanks for reading,
      Soph xoxo

      Delete
  8. I've been playing with a lot of makeup lately because I'm trying to get into it. I am in no way good and I got the basic drugstore products but they work great. I think most of them are from the brand wet n wild, so maybe try those. Sometimes the cheap stuff are better than the high end products.
    wishing you all the best,
    ayele

    little hummer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Wet n Wild i'll have to look into them! I love most of my drug store products more than i do my high end ones i think that the quality is just as good if not better! It takes time to get to grips with all the products, i've been wearing makeup most days for almost 6 years now and i still stuggle with things!

      Thanks for reading.
      Soph xoxo

      Delete
  9. Fab post lovely!
    I really want to try this concealer, I've been looking for one the last few weeks and this looks good.
    I can't believe you found Too Faced palette from TKMax! That's amazing!!
    Lovely post
    Charlotte xx
    http://theporcelaindollblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so shocked when i saw it! Was so worth it!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. Nice haul!! The glitter gel eyeliner and the eyeshadow palette looks interesting. Do post about them. TIA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good! I think they're definetley my favourite products in the haul!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow