Friday, 9 December 2016

My Top 5 Winter Lipsticks



Hey Whisperers,

Over the past few weeks I've have seen a bunch of fall lipstick posts and i kept saying i was going to do one.. then it became winter. So today instead of the top 5 fall lipsticks I'm going to do my top 5 winter lipsticks! I hope you enjoy this post.


My Top 5 Winter Lipsticks



£5.50

This lipstick is probably my most used lipstick out of all of the products I'm going to be talking about today. I brought this lipstick a few months ago when NYX launched in the UK and i was so excited. This colour is a darker brown toned nude and it looks incredible on the lips. One thing i love about this lipstick is that although it is a nude, because of how dark it is, it adds so much to a makeup look. Alongside this it is also waterproof which means it lasts for a very long time on the lips (something i can definitely vouch for)


£18.00

This lipstick was my first Mac lipstick and i am so glad it was. I usually head straight for the matte lipsticks in Mac but when i saw this nude shade i knew i had to get it. This lipstick is just a few shades lighter than the previous NYX one and it is also a lot more sheer. Now i know that being sheer is normally a bad thing but with this lipstick it definitely works in its favour. Because this lipstick is shiny it doesn't look sheer on the lips, i usually apply two layers and i have the perfect nude lip.


£6.99

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the name of this lipstick, i love it. Anyways this matte lipstick by Maybelline is absolutely gorgeous. I was expecting this lipstick to be a lot darker when i brought it but when i swatched it, it was a lot more red toned. This lipstick is so easy to apply and it looks amazing on the lips. It isn't however smudge proof so i would definitely recommend using a lip liner.


£15.50

This lipstick is absolutely beautiful. I saw this lipstick a few weeks ago in Mac and i wasn't expecting them to have it in stock but when i asked the assistant there was one left, unfortunatley you can no longer get this shade in the UK however you can still get it in America. So, I had to get it i mean come on there was just one left. This lipstick is a beautiful dark burnt red matte shade and it is gorgeous. It is incredibly pigmented, it is so matte and it doesn't dry out the lips at all. It's pretty much the perfect winter lip colour.


$15/£12.02

If you've been her a while you'd know that i ordered this lip-gloss from Kyliecosmetics.com a few months ago. I've pretty much been using this lip-gloss on and off for the past 4 months and it is incredible. It is honestly the best lip-gloss I have ever used. It is quite thick but it isn't at all sticky and it has insane pigmentation. I love the applicator, the packaging and the shade of this lip-gloss and I'm dreading running out of it because lets be honest it wasn't very cheap.

Swatches


Top to Bottom-

Nyx Full Throttle Lipstick in Kiss The Dust
Mac Huggable Lip Colour in Rich Macaroon
Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid in Possessed Plum
Mac Retro Matte Lipstick in Bowl Me Over
Kylie Cosmetics Lip gloss in Literally
So those were my Top 5 Winter Lipsticks, I hope you have enjoyed this post and hopefully you've found some lipsticks you'd like to try out too! Let me know in the comments down below which lipstick was your favourite and also what your favourite lipstick is right now?

Thanks for Reading,
Merry Christmas,
Love
Soph
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. i love the maybelline nyx one . the color is so beautiful and the formula is amazing !

    clairetalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so beautiful and they both stay on for so long

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really is! It goes on the lips so well, it does take a while to dry down though

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow