Thursday, 22 December 2016

What I Got In My Tanya Burr 12 Days Of Christmas Advent Calendar 2016


Hey Whisperers,

I've never had a beauty advent calendar, I've always stopped to look at them in stores and pondered getting one but then i usually see the price tag, cringe and walk away. This year however i saw the Tanya Burr Advent Calendar in Superdrug for only £15 (WHAT?!) so i knew that i had to get it. Tanya's calendar is a 12 day calendar so i do understand why the price is quite low compared to other brands however i do still think it is a great calendar. Because the calendar is only a 12 day calendar you can really choose how you want to open it, every day, every other day or just start on the 12th and end on Christmas eve, however if you're anything like me you can't wait to open it so you just start on the 1st. So now that it's the 20th , I'm finally finding the time to sit down and show what i got in my calendar, i did chose to leave it this late just in case any of you are being more patient than i was. This post is also a collaboration with Georgia's Beauty Box so don't forget to head over to her blog to check out her first impressions and swatches of all these products ! 

What I Got In My Tanya Burr 12 Days Of Christmas Advent Calendar

Tanya Burr Matte Lip in Christmas Stocking- 
This liquid lipstick is absolutely gorgeous it is pretty much a true red matte lipstick and it pretty much screams Christmas. It is insanely pigmented and after trying it on my lips i can tell it's going to last a long time (it was a killer to get off) 

Tanya Burr Lip gloss in Candy Cane- 
This lip gloss is stunning, it is a tad bright for me as it is a muted fuchsia shade. I've never tried any of Tanya's glosses but now i have i will definitely be investing in more. The formula of these glosses is so nice they're not sticky or gloopy yet they add the perfect shine. I'm obsessed. 

Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in Berry Pavlova- 
Alike Candy Cane this gloss is amazing. One thing i love about this gloss is how pigmented it is, when it comes to lip glosses they tend to be quite sheer but Tanya's glosses are packed with pigment. This red gloss is gorgeous, to me it is a mix of the other two lip colours as it is a red/pink gloss (pretty much berry coloured like the name says)

Tanya Burr Glitter Liner in Ice Crystals- 
Over the past month or so i have fallen head over heels in love with glitter. I'm obsessed. So when i saw this liner i was in love. It is the perfect sliver liner with fine silver glitter. The applicator is thin yet not hard to use which i love too.

Tanya Burr Glitter Liner in Treasured-
This glitter is beautiful. It looks as if it would be a gold shade but when swatched on the lid it is a gorgeous bronze shade. Although i love the liners i am a little disappointed that tubes aren't any where near full, both of mine are about 2/3 full which kinda sucks. 

Tanya Burr Eye Shimmer Pot in Champagne Sparkle- 
Like I've previously said I'm obsessed with glitter at the moment so when i saw this i was so excited. This glitter is a fine gold/bronze glitter much alike the bronze liner and it is gorgeous. I have used this glitter and I've had nothing but compliments on it.

Tanya Burr Eye Shimmer Pot in Snow Day- 
I don't know how I'm going to use this glitter but i am going to find a way. This second glitter pot is absolutely stunning, it is very fine white/silver glitter and it is incredible. One thing i do suggest is keeping the clear sticker that goes over the opening of the glitter because i didn't with the first one and now the majority of the product is in the lid and all over my floor.

Tanya Burr Nail Polish in Glitter Rain- 
I am in love. This nail polish is the perfect glitter top coat, it has the perfect amount of glitter and polish and i literally can't handle it. Glitter Rain is a silver glitter top coat and it has a variety of glitter in it which i love. I have yet to use this polish but i can already tell i am going to love it.

Tanya Burr Nail Polish in Glitters and Gold- 
This polish is pretty much the gold version of the silver one i just spoke about, yet some how i love it more. I put this polish over a dark purple nail polish last week and i fell in love it is perfect for this time of year and i can't wait to wear it more.

Tanya Burr Nail Polish in Sleigh Bells- 
Wow, just wow. This polish is amazing, it is a red glitter polish with the most gorgeous sheen to it. I'm not usually a fan of red nail polish but i am in love with this one, it is the most perfect deep red shade and the glitter in it is incredible.

Tanya Burr Nail File-
I'm not going to lie i was a little disappointed when i opened this one. Although you can never have too many nail files i feel like they're just used in beauty calendars to fill up space. This file is a cute blue and pink file with Tanya Burr on it.

Tanya Burr Mirror-
Alike the nail file i wasn't really excited when i got this product. Now i do love little mirrors however this one just feels quite cheap which compared to the rest of the products shows. If it would have been an opening mirror i probably would have liked it a lot more but as it is more of a badge kind of mirror i just feel like it's going to get dirty quite fast.

Overall i was quite happy with what i got in my Tanya Burr Advent Calendar. I love the majority of the products and i can't wait to use them all. I probably won't be getting the calendar next year, mainly because i want to try a different brand and also because although i love the products some of them I'm never going to use as i don't tend to use bright colours. I highly suggest getting this calendar if you're looking for an affordable beauty calendar!

I hope you've enjoyed this post. Did you get a beauty calendar this year if so let me know if you liked it or not?

Don't forget to head over to Georgia's blog to see the makeup look she created using these products

Thanks for Reading,
Merry Christmas,
Love
Soph
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow