Saturday, 4 February 2017

My Makeup Collection - Foundations




Hey Whisperers,

Over the past few weeks I've been organising and sorting out all of my makeup and so i thought that now i have it all organised  i would show you it all. These posts are not at all  me bragging i just love reading about other peoples makeup collections and seeing what they have so i thought it would be fun for me to do too. I do have a lot makeup and i am extremely grateful for what i have, because of this however i will only be doing one topic a week or the posts would just end up never ending. I hope you enjoy this series, this weeks post is on foundations


Foundations

The first foundation in my collection is the L'Oreal Infallible 24H-Matte foundation. I only got this foundation a few weeks ago when i ran out of my regular foundation and i love it. It has great coverage and it kept my skin looking matte and smooth for hours. I have super oily skin so most foundations don't keep my skin looking matte but this did. Something i love about this foundation is the fact that even though it's super matte it doesn't dry out your skin. It's quickly become a go to foundation for me if i want a super long wearing look. 


I'm pretty sure that every one has seen this foundation making its rounds around the Internet with beauty guru's like Zoella and Tanya Burr raving about it, this is of course the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation I pretty much brought this foundation because of Zoella but honestly, it isn't one of my favourites. It doesn't have enough coverage for me and even the lightest shade doesn't match my skin unless I'm tanned which kind of sucks. It does however give your skin a beautiful 'awake' and dewy look which is nice when I'm tanned. 


Up next is the B. Youthful foundation, now i pretty much have this in my collection because i can't bring myself to throw it away. I brought this in a sale online, i went for the lightest shade which on the website looked super light but when it arrived it's pretty much 5 shades too dark. I've been holding onto it because i can't make myself throw away a full bottle of foundation, even though it doesn't match. This foundation has also been discontinued since i purchased it so i unfortunately can't link it for you.


This is the Avon Luxe Silk Foundation, i brought this quite a while a go and for a few weeks it was my go to foundation but just like most other foundations as soon as my tan faded it was way too dark. Now I've tried and fell in love with  a few other foundations. i can however say that this foundation is super thick but it does have amazing coverage. I do recommend it if you aren't ghostly pale like me but it is super thick.


You guys have heard me talk about this foundation more than once, this is the L'Oreal True Match foundation and it is my all time favourite foundation, which explains why i have 3 in my collection. It has amazing coverage, it is the perfect shade for my skin, it blends like a dream. It's pretty much perfect. If you're looking for a easy to blend, medium/full coverage  foundation make sure to check this one out, it comes in 23 shades which cover 93% of skin tones!


The Miss Sporty So Matte Perfect Stay is such an oldie but a goody in my collection. I originally brought this foundation for myself but like always i can't wear it unless I'm more tan so i instead used it on a friend to do SFX Makeup. The coverage on this foundation is pretty decent and it blends into the skin amazingly, however it does set pretty fast so you don't have much time to blend it out. I've pretty much kept it because i use it to try out new SFX looks during the Halloween season and for £3.49 it's worth it.


The Maybelline Superstay 24Hr foundation used to be one of my daily foundations, as you can tell this one is a bit old as it now has a completely new packaging but I've been keeping it just so i don't forget the shade. This foundation is great for oily skin as it does dry down to be a pretty matte feel, it is however quite thick so if you don't like thick foundations this probably won't be for you.


Alike the previous foundation the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin also used to be one of my favourite foundations however it does run quite dark so even the lightest shade is a little too dark for me. It has great coverage and it blends amazingly, however it is definitely not a build able foundation as after 2 layers it looks super cakey.


This is another cult favourite, the Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation. I don't really know how i feel about this foundation as I've only used it a couple of times however, i do know that it is a super thick foundation to apply. I applied it on my face next to my L'Oreal True Match and it has a lot less coverage but it was a lot more matte and it felt way smoother. A little of this product also goes a long way so hopefully after I've tried it out a little more I'll be able to let you guys know how i feel about it more. 


Storage


If you've been here a while you will know that i have the IKEA 9 Alex Drawers to store all of my makeup and my foundations occupy the top drawer. I keep my most used and largest foundations on the left hand side of my drawer and i keep the rest of my 'less used' foundations in a grey basket at the back of the drawer to keep it all organised. 

After a lot of organising those where my foundations. I also have a few BB creams in the back of my drawer which i pretty much never use unless I'm doing SFX makeup so i chose not to include them, I hope that you have enjoyed the first instalment in my makeup collection series! 

What's your go to foundation? Let me know in the comments down below.

Thanks For Reading,
Love,
Soph
xoxo



20 comments:

  1. Such a great post Soph! Keep up the good work!

    Jeff. | NAMELESSJEFF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff it means alot!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I loved this post! I'm definitely going to try out some of these foundations!
    -Olivia Xxx

    http://oliviaxalesha.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia, i'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. L'Oréal True Match is favourite of mine at the moment. Such a good everyday foundation not heavy on the skin. Pixie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been my go to for around a year now i absolutley love it!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Such a great post!!
    I definitely want to try the L'Oreal true match!!


    Love, Melissa x
    lovemelissax.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definetley worth trying, it's on offer for 3 for 2 at superdrug a lot!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. From this list I've only tried the Mac studio fix but I'd really love to try the true match foundation! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't tried the Mac one out too much it just seems superthick! The True Match is 100% my favourite

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Impressive collection! I'm willing to try that l'oreal one since I have their other foundations I love so much! Love your honesty. Thanks so much for sharing 😊 XX Jen Beautylifemom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definetley a good foundation and it isn't too expensive, i'm glad you enjoyed the post

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I still haven't had much of a chance to try out the mac one hopefully i can get it to work with my skin

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. I cant deny I absolutly love Clinque make up. Its about the only one that stays on my face!
    www.lolitabonita.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any Clinque makeup! I have heard great things about it though, maybe it's time i invest in some!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. IKEA storage is the best thing EVER, I'm slightly obsessed! Fab post! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the best things i've ever brought!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. Love this post always trying to find new foundations! I do love Wake Me Up! <3
    Chloe xx
    http://thechloelouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trying them out too! Wake Me Up is one i want to try out a little more!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow