My Makeup Collection - Setting Powders - Planet Whispers

Saturday, 25 February 2017

My Makeup Collection - Setting Powders




Hey Whisperers,

This weeks makeup collection is going to be my setting powders. Over the years I've tried my fair share of powders but i haven't really fallen in love with any like i have with the ones that i have in my collection now. So i hope you enjoy.

My Makeup Collection - Setting Powders


The first powder in my collection is my Mac Studio Fix powder. I first brought this powder a year ago and i got it a shade too dark so i recently purchased a lighter shade and I'm in love. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that this powder does something incredible to my face apart from adding a little more coverage, but i do love how my makeup looks layered with it. It is quite pricey costing £23.50 but i do think that it is worth it.


I'm pretty sure that everyone and their mom has heard about this powder, it is of course the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. This powder has been a staple in my makeup collection and i mean for the price of  £3.99 can anything really beat this powder? The only thing i wish that i could change about this powder is the packaging because the text wears off super fast and it breaks sooo easily.



Up next is probably my most hated powder. This is the Avon Calming Effects Loose Powder Foundation, now i can't really 'review' the powder as you can probably tell from the picture that it is 10 shades too dark for my skin...despite being the lightest shade aka Ivory. I wasn't aware that ivory meant lightly toasted Doritos dust. All i use this for now is to set practise SF looks, but i definitely don't recommend it if you're a pale ass ghost like me.


Last but not least is the Avon Magix HD Finishing Powder. I absolutely love this powder, it is a loose powder but it sets my under eyes like an absolute dream. Apart from the previous Avon powder this is the only loose powder I've owned and it has definitely made me want to buy more. It also isn't too expensive as it is only £10.50 but is often on offer like it is right now for £6.50. 

I feel like powders are one of those things you find, try, love and stick too instead of buying and trying a bunch. I don't see my collection of them growing much soon but i thought i would go through them because no makeup collection is complete without them!

I hope you enjoyed this post! 
What is your favourite setting powder?
Let me know in the comments down below.


Thanks for Reading,
Love,
Soph
xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment