Tuesday, 9 May 2017

Birchbox Unboxing - May 2017


Hey Whisperers,

Another month, another Birchbox. I honestly don't know where the last month has gone it feels like just yesterday that i was sitting down and writing last months Birchbox post. I've been quite impressed with the boxes so far so i'm hoping that this months box is going to be just as good! So lets get into it.


Birchbox Unboxing - May 2017



What is Birchbox?

If you're new to Birchbox, Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that you receive each month with 5 products to try out. The products can range from sample size to full size and they also range in price. All products in the box can be found on the Birchbox website where the box is purchased for £12.95 each month. This month Birchbox has introduced a new scheme called Birchbox Benefits, where after 6 months of being subscribed, you become a Birchbox VIP meaning you get the first chance to pick a product or the design of your box each month. As a  Birchbox VIP you also get 15% off everything in the Birchbox shop with it a pretty good deal for just being subscribed. 

What I Got This Month 


RRP - £18

If you've been a reader of my blog for awhile you'll know that I have a serious mascara obsession, so when i saw this in my box i got super excited. Now i do love the effect that this mascara has on my lashes, but the brush is insanely big which makes it so difficult to put on. I don't know if it's just me being clumsy but i ended up with it on my nose, cheek and eyelid which i never get with regular mascaras. I think if it was a full size product and the weight was more balanced i wouldn't have had such a problem but with the tester size it was super difficult to use. 


RRP - £25

One thing i love about Birchbox is being able to try out different skincare products, this liquid exfoliant looks like one that I'm going to love. Now if you know me you know that i have acne prone skin so anything with Salicylic acid in is amazing. Something that i have found with products like this is that they pretty much smell like nail polish remover which, although isn't super important, is something i thought i would mention. This sample is quite generous for a face product so i will hopefully be able to test it out quite a bit. 


RRP- £18.50

Now although I do absolutley love this brand it is one that Birchbox have sent out not to long ago in Novembers box. Last time i received a Protect and Detangle spray and this time it's a Volumizing spray. If they hadn't sent out this brand before i would have been quite excited as it smells absolutely incredible but it is something they seem to be sending out quite regularly. Apart from it being a brand repeat, it is a good sample size for a spray and it does last quite a while. Plus as i previously mentioned it smells absolutely incredible. 


RRP £27

Whish alike Beauty Protector is another brand I've received, this time in Octobers box. For me i don't really have a use for a Firming Body Cream as i pretty much just use coconut oil as a moisturiser so I'm not going to be getting much use out of this product however, it is a pretty good sized sample size. I did try some of it out on my arm and it did feel quite tightening which was pretty nice, I'm not sure if I'm going to use it again but it does work quite well.


RRP - £14.49 Full Size

I was super excited when i saw that this month's box was going to have a full sized eye shadow, i didn't see my email in time so i didn't get to pick the shade which i regret as i would have loved the lighter shade. I'm pretty much a neutral eye kind of gal, so i have pretty much no use for this shadow. My shadow also came unsealed so quite a bit of the product was inside of the inside of the little box it came in which kind of sucked. The shade i got was Fifty Shades which i can only describe as a metallic gun metal shade. It is super pretty so hopefully i can find a good use for it. The price of this shadow does cover the entire price of the box too which is amazing. 

Total RRP For This Month's Box 

£102.99 

Overall, I'm not overly excited about this months box. It does have some good products but I'm pretty much only going to use 2-3 out of the 5 products. I think that I'm going to alter the settings on my account as i have been receiving quite a few haircare products that I don't really use.  

As always I hope you've enjoyed this post!

Are you subscribed to Birchbox?
 If so did you get anything different in your box this month? 
Let me know in the comments down below!


If you want to try out Birchbox make sure to use my link to get £5 off your first box making it just £7.95!

Thanks for Reading,
Love,
Soph
xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow