August Favourites 2017 - Planet Whispers

Saturday, 26 August 2017

August Favourites 2017



Hey Whisperers, 

I apologise for the monthly cliche but seriously, where have the past 4 weeks gone?! This month has been a busy one for me, I've celebrated my 20th birthday, I've been on holiday (I'm on my way home as you're reading this), I've planned my blogmas posts and I've also written and posted my first sponsored post (read that here) it's honestly been amazing. Over the past month, with all of that going on, i haven't really tried out too many new products, I've just been reaching for what i already own so this months favourites is pretty much a makeup based one as those are the only products I've had time for this month so i hope you enjoy. 

August Favourites 2017 




Now i mentioned this in my last post and i said that it wasn't the best which i still agree with, however this concealer under my foundation on my breakouts has been a lifesaver this past month. I've been applying it to my breakouts then blending it out with a small blending brush and it's helped keep them covered all day. I don't think I'll be using it under my eyes as it is a tad too dark for my liking but for breakouts it gives me a little extra help which is perfect and i mean for £2.50 can i really complain?



I've dipped in and out of this bronzer over the past few months but for some reason this month I've completely fallen in love with it. It's the perfect shade, it blends flawlessly, i honestly can't fault it at all. No matter what i do this makes my face look so bronzed and healthy, it is a little pricey but honestly i think its 100% worth it. I do recommend using a light hand with it though as it is super pigmented, but if you go a little mad with it, it's super easy to blend out with some powder!



I've been a huge fan of Jemma from Dork Face Blogs Etsy shop for ages but i haven't had the chance to sit down and order, but this month i finally had the chance to, and I'm so glad i did. I am completely and utterly obsessed with these prints and stickers i ordered (close up pictures here). The quality of them is not only incredible but i mean come on they're absolutely adorable. The Lets Run Away And Join The Circus Print is a print I've been looking at for so long i just think its so cute  and fun. The Blog Stickers are also something I've loved the look of for months, they each have sayings like 'Take Photos', 'Blog Event' , 'Schedule Tweets' and 'Reply To Comments' which is exactly what I've been needing, because lets be honest getting everything done on time when you're blogging and working too is a task in itself. I am saving these for when i have my 2018 planner so keep your eyes open in the new year because these are going to be all over my social media!. Last but definitely not least, the It Might Be Hard But You Can Totally Do This is a print I've loved for SO long and when i saw that Jemma had popped this in my order for free i honestly nearly cried. I have gone back to this quote so much over the past year and it's honestly got me through a lot of stuff so Jemma definitely made my day, i can't wait to get it framed!




If you know me, you know that i have the most pale ass skin ever, so when i saw this L'Oreal foundation on Sophie Louise's YouTube channel i knew i had to try it out. This foundation has amazing coverage, it's super pale and it lasts a hell of a long time. I have super oily face so most foundations last around 4-6 hours on my face before they start looking super oily but this one stays matte for around 7-8 hours before i need to powder which for me is amazing.



I've had this palette since Christmas but for some reason I've never used it, then this month i reached for it once and i haven't stopped using it since. I've fallen in love with the top two blush shades they're super pigmented and they blend like a dream, they also aren't too dark which is perfect when you're a pale ghost like me. The highlight shades in this palette are also gorgeous, they aren't super blinding so they aren't too in your face which recently I've been loving. For £ this palette is definitely a must have for me now.

I've loved trying to use up more of my makeup collection this month and I've definitely found some new must haves while doing it. I know this months favourites were more beauty based but i hope you enjoyed them!!

Have you found any new favourite products this month?
Let me know in the comments down below!

Thanks for Reading,
Love,
Soph
xoxo







2 comments:

  1. That palette looks so beautiful!! <3 great post hun!
    Chlo xx
    https://thechloelouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! Glad you enjoyed the post!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete