Birchbox Unboxing - September 2017 - Planet Whispers

Tuesday, 12 September 2017

Birchbox Unboxing - September 2017


Hey Whisperers,

Another month, another Birchbox. I'm going to be honest with you guys, these past few months I've been super disappointed with the boxes that I've had. I have decided to keep my subscription until the end of the year but i am thinking of cancelling it, so if you have any other subscription boxes that you like or that you would like me to un-box let me know!

Birchbox Unboxing - September 2017



What is Birchbox?

If you're new to Birchbox, Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that you receive each month with 5 products to try out. The products can range from sample size to full size and they also range in price. All products in the box can be found on the Birchbox website where the box is purchased for £12.95 each month. Birchbox has introduced a new scheme called Birchbox Benefits, where after 6 months of being subscribed, you become a Birchbox VIP meaning you get the first chance to pick a product or the design of your box each month. As a  Birchbox VIP you also get 15% off everything in the Birchbox shop with it a pretty good deal for just being subscribed. 

What I Got This Month


RRP £11 Full Size

First up is this Arrow Colour Enhancing Lip Balm, I was quite excited when i saw this lip balm in my box as going into autumn/winter my lips become super dry so i can never have enough lip balm. I do love the colour enhancing part of this lip balm as it does add a little colour to your lips, on me it makes my lips a super natural mid-toned pink shade which i love. I have previously received an eyeliner from this brand in a birch box so i knew it was going to be good quality, it is also full size which is amazing.


RRP £6.95

This balm feels amazing. I have heard great things about Dr Paw Paw products so i was pretty excited to see it in this months box. The balm is pretty much just a clear lip balm but it feels amazing on the lips, it isn't too greasy or slippy like some other lip balms I've tried. It's also fragrance free which is great because sometimes fragranced lip balms just end up giving me a headache. It does say that you can use this balm on your skin and cuticles too which is pretty interesting so I'm definitely going to have to look into it and check out some reviews online. This product isn't full size, like i had originally thought, but it's a great size. 


RRP £22

Ok so this was one of the products that i was the most excited for. I have serious under eye bags so when i saw this Polaar under eye roller ball in my box i was super excited. I tried it out this morning and it made under eyes feel super cooled which was nice. It did take a while for the product to come out and even then it didn't really deposit much. It also felt quite scratchy too, which for under the eyes isn't the best. I'm going to try it out a few more times and hopefully it was just because it was the first time i had used it. 


RRP £15 Full Size 

This 3-in-1 powder is gorgeous. I saw that i would be getting this in the box design email and i couldn't wait to try it. The picture does make it look a lot more brown toned, but i do have to say that i would never use it as a blush. For me it's definitely too shimmery for a blush, i do however think that it's a gorgeous highlight shade. I also think that it's going to work amazing on the eyes, it's super pigmented and smooth. I'm looking forward to trying it out more. I do think that £15 for it is quite pricey as it does only have 3g of product.


RRP £23

This product is the product that made this months box 100% worth it for me. I've been wanting to try this cleansing balm for so long, but i couldn't justify the £23. I've heard amazing things about it online with people like Manny MUA using it in videos. I haven't yet used it as i haven't worn makeup since i got the box, so i can't wait to use it. It is a smaller sample, but it is quite a high end product so i do understand. 

Overall RRP Total Of This Months Box 

£77.95

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this months box. I received 2 full size products and an amazing cleanser that I've been wanting to try forever. In the box i did also receive 4 Oliver Bonas stickers and a code for 15% off Oliver Bonas. This box has got a lower total RRP compared to previous boxes but I'm happier with this box than any of the boxes that I've received in the past few months, so hopefully the boxes keep on getting better. 


 If you want to try out Birchbox feel free to use my link to get £5 off your first box making it just £7.95!


 I hope you've enjoyed this months unboxing! 
If you have any other boxes you would like me to unbox let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for Reading,
Love,
Soph
xoxo



Disclaimer- If you do use my link to purchase your Birchbox i do receive some Birchbox points as a 'reward'


1 comment:

  1. This months box looks so good! I have the cleansing balm and I swear by it! But the past few months' glossy box have been incredible so if you do want to change have a peek at them!

    Geo x

    ReplyDelete