Urban Decay Naked Heat Review - Planet Whispers

Tuesday, 5 September 2017

Urban Decay Naked Heat Review



Hey Whisperers, 

I'm a little late to this party but I couldn't not review this palette. The palette that I'm talking about is, of course, the Urban Decay Naked Heat palette.  I received this palette as a birthday gift from the incredible Georgia from GeorgiasBeautyBox (aka the most incredible and generous friend ever) and as soon as I opened it I knew I had to review it. So here we are! I do of course want to say a huge thank you to Georgia for not only the incredible present but for also supporting me and my blog I will never be able to thank you enough for all of your support. It honestly means the world to me. So let's get into the post



Packaging


The packaging of this palette is absolutely gorgeous. It's super glossy and the burnt orange and copper shades look amazing together. Also let me just say this palette is super heavy, which I think in turn just shows how high quality it is. One thing I love about this palette is the fact that it also has a large mirror on the inside, which I struggle to find in larger palettes. I have been in store and swatched some of the previous palettes and i do think that this packaging is one of the best that they have come out for in their naked palette series. It also, like all of the other Naked palettes, comes with a double ended eye shadow brush. Now personally, for how expensive this palette is i would think it would have a better brush, don't get me wrong it works fine i just wish the blending side was more fluffy instead of dense so that you can properly blend out the shadow.  

Product and Cost


Obviously I did receive this palette as a gift but I did look up the price to let you guys know, this palette retails in Debenhams for £39.50, which i do think is pricey, however i do think it's worth it. In the palette you get 12 shadows, making each one £3.21 which isn't too bad. When it comes to the actual shades i think they're all absolutely gorgeous but i do wish that they had a lighter more gold shade, like half baked from the Naked 2 palette, just to create a little bit of a oomph when using the palette alone. The shades in the palette as is are all pretty similar so they blend together so none of them really add that oomph when you create a look. 


Shade By Shade

Ounce

 As you can see in the swatches above Ounce is pretty much my skin colour. In the pan i thought it was matte, however when swatched it has the most gorgeous sheen to it. It's the perfect shade for an inner corner or brow bone highlight. 

Chaser

Chaser for me, is the perfect transition shade. It isn't very dark but it is still super pigmented and it creates the perfect base for any shadows that go on top. It is matte which i love and it's so easy to blend out.

Sauced

In the pan Sauced looks like a pretty pale brown shade but once you apply it to the eye it's definitely darker than it looks. This was the firs shade i tried out actually on my eyes and it's so pigmented. I tapped my brush in it once and it applied more than enough pigment which i love. 

Low Blow

Low Blow is pretty much your basic brown shade, however, although basic i don't think the palette would be complete without it. It's the perfect crease shade and it adds a little more drama to any look you create, i can definitely see it being one of my most used shades in the palette.


Lumbre

My favourite shade in the palette. Lumbre is such a beautiful pink shade with golden reflects. As soon as i opened the palette this was the shade my eye was drawn to it's just so gorgeous. It's also packed full of pigment, i did find out pretty quickly that the shimmers in this palette apply much better with your finger than a brush, which i don't mind as i apply most shimmer shades with my finger anyway.

He Devil

He Devil is such a unique shade, it's such a pretty brick red shade and I'm in love with it. I don't have anything like this shade in my collection so I'm super excited to try and work it into some darker eye looks now autumn is starting.

Dirty Talk

Dirty Talk is another one of my favourite shades, it's incredibly pigmented and it has a gorgeous shine to it. It's definitely more of an orange toned gold which of course goes with the palette too. 

Scorched

Scorched is such a beautiful copper shade and i love it. Out of all the shimmer shades in the palette this one is definitely the most metallic and shiny, it is a little darker than Dirty Talk but when next to each other it is quite hard to tell which is which.

Cayenne

Cayenne is pretty much your standard matte brown shade. It's super pigmented so you really don't need a lot of it, alike Low Blow it is a lot darker swatched than in the pan so it's definitely a shade that you use a lighter hand with. 

En Fuego

En Fuego, for me, is probably the 'weakest' shade in the palette. It isn't as pigmented as the other shades and it isn't as easy to blend out either. It is a gorgeous deep brown and it is amazing when creating a smokey eye but it does take a little longer to blend.
  
Ashes

Ashes was a super hard shade for me to get a decent swatch of. I don't know if it's just my palette, but this shade is a little, dare i say it, gritty in the pan. The shade when swatched however it super blendable and it's definitely pigmented. I have swatched it a little more while I'm sitting here and now I've swatched it a few times it isn't as gritty as before so i don't know if it was just some kind of film on the top. 

Ember

Last but definitely not least is Ember. This shade is absolutely gorgeous, I don't really know how to describe it, it's kind of a plum shade but it also has pink reflects in it. It's such a pigmented, shiny shade and i know I'll use it a lot when i do smokey eyes.


Overall Thoughts

Overall, this palette has completely won me over. I 100% understand the hype that's surrounded it, the shades are incredibly pigmented, it is gorgeously packaged, it blends like a dream. I just love it. The shades themselves are more of the red/orange range so if you aren't a lover of that kind of eye look i would say this palette isn't for you. I also don't think this palette is for beginners, it's definitely a palette you have to work with and be careful with because you can easily over do it with some of the shades. If you are someone new to makeup and you want to try out a warm toned palette  i definitely recommend the Zoeva Caramel Melange Palette or the NYX Warm Neutrals palette. 

I of course couldn't end the post without thanking Georgia again for this incredible gift, i am so thankful for not only the palette but also all of the support you give me! It honestly means the world to be able to have someone to go on this blogging journey with. Of course don't forget to check out Georgia's blog here too as she recently relaunched with an incredibly gorgeous theme and even more incredible posts!

What do you think of the palette?
Let me know in the comments down below!

As Always,

Thanks for Reading,
Love,
Soph
xoxo


16 comments:

  1. Definitely looks like a gorgeous palette! Lumbre looks like it'd be my favourite shade too! I might have to try this palette - I have Naked 3 and loooove that. These colours are perfect for autumn!

    Alice x | www.invocati.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a gorgeous shade i 100% recommend getting it!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I really love the colours in this palette - they're perfect for autumn!

    carriefi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's definetley going to be my go to autumn palette!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. This palette looks amazing! Your photos are incredible and the way you write your review is marking me want to go and buy it right now! I love UD eyeshadows, I have Smoky and it's one of my faves! I think I may have to pop this on my Christmas list as it's just beautiful and the shades will complement my eyes and skintone really well!
    Liz x
    naturalhazardsandmore.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My photo's are something i've always struggled with so it means a lot that you liked them!! I definitely recommend putting it on your christmas list its well worth it!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Red/Orange eye shadows are my absolute FAVE. I'm so mad I haven't tried this palette yet! Great review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to try it it's amazing!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Every time I see reviews of this palette I think to myself that I need to pick it up because it looks awesome!
    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely do it's well worth the money!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. It looks like the perfect autumn palette! I should really start to learn how to save money and purchase the palette haha. And love how in depth you talked about each shade, great post! X Larice

    http://hilarice.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's definetley going to be my go to autumn palette! Thank you, i love talking through each shade i'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Absolutely love my naked heat! Its the perfect autumn palette in my opinion! Fab review.

    Heather xox || http://www.xhighlandbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm obsessed with it

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Oh, gosh! I have seen this palette all over lately! But your post definitely tempts me to purchase it because I love these shades, they are so wearable and pigmented, like all the girls are saying, it's going to be perfect for this autumn season.
    -Girl Conquers World
    https://girconquersworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm so glad you enjoyed the post. It is a pricey palette but it's definetley worth it!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete