Irresistible Beauty Pink Clay Face Mask Review - Planet Whispers

Tuesday, 17 October 2017

Irresistible Beauty Pink Clay Face Mask Review


Hey Whisperers,

If you've been reading my blog for a while you'll know that one of my all time favourite stores is TKMaxx and that one of my all time favourite products to buy is face masks. So when we put the two together I'm pretty much as happy as can be. Yesterday while shopping in TKMaxx i came across a face mask from a brand that i haven't really heard of before and it sounded super interested and of course i thought i could do a post on it. So here we are. I'm super excited to try out this mask so lets get into the post!

Irresistible Beauty Pink Clay Face Mask Review


What It Claims To Do

I didn't really look much at what the face mask was meant to do in the store i just saw that it was a mix yourself kind of deal and wanted to get it. There were a few other kinds of these face masks in the store one of which was a turmeric one, which I'm going to look for when i go out tomorrow because I'm super interested in trying it. This mask however is a Pink Clay mask that aims to moisturise and soften your skin, which i seriously need at the minute as my skin seems to be all over the place. I did try to find a link to this product online but i can't find it anywhere but hopefully they've stocked it in a few TKMaxx stores. 



How Much Did It Cost

For this pouch it cost me £4.99 which honestly isn't bad for it's size. In this little baggy you get 130g of product and they suggest using 1/2 a tablespoon per mask so working it out as 15g per tablespoon, that makes around 16 masks per packet which is pretty amazing for the price. The packet pretty much feels like a brick when you pick it up because it is literally full of product which i love. For the price and their 'recommended' use i think that it's a great price. 


Mask Time

First things first, I'm not going to lie i was super disappointed that the mask wasn't more pink, in the pictures it looks more pink than it was in person, in person it kinda looked like I'd put porridge/oatmeal all over my face which kinda sucks, it also kinda smelt like porridge too which wasn't the best. Now i did slip with the powder when measuring it so i ended up using around 1 tablespoon and this was the amount of mask i was left with. On the directions it says;  

" Pour 1/2 Tablespoon of powder into your hand, add water and mix until powder becomes a paste. Apply on face and leave on for up to five minutes. Rinse thoroughly with water "  

Apart from the slipping with the powder and mixing it in a pot i basically followed the rules but i kid you not trying to apply this mask to my face was impossible, every time i attempted to put it on my skin it just fell off because it was such a thick paste. I added a little more water and made it into more of a cake batter kind of mixture and applied it to the face like that instead. I didn't really watch the clock when it came to having it on i pretty much just left it to try and washed it off. Surprisingly it did wash off quite easily and because it is so 'sand-like' it  exfoliated my skin as i washed it off, so i definitely don't recommend exfoliating before applying the mask. After washing it off my face felt so smooth and tight it was so nice.


Overall Thoughts

For £4.99 I'd definitely get this mask again. It exfoliated, moisturised and tightened my skin and it's left it feeling amazing. I have super sensitive skin when it comes to face masks but this one didn't tingle, sting or have any kind of negative effects on my skin at all so if you're a sensitive skin kinda gal like me you should be OK to use it. Like i previously said i did try to find this mask online to link it but i couldn't find it anywhere so if you do want to try it, I'd suggest popping into your local TKMaxx and seeing if they have any in. 

Do you have a favourite face mask?
If so let me know in the comments below!

I hope you've enjoyed today's post.

Love Always,
Soph
xoxo








2 comments:

  1. I love face masks and this one looks so intriguing! I love the fact you mix it yourself, that seems really fun, although like you I wish this was a bit brighter pink. But I suppose it's all about the effects it has on the skin and this sounds lovely. Not a bad price too! I'll have to keep an eye out for this - thanks for sharing!
    Beth x Adventure & Anxiety

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved being able to mix it myself. It's definitely worth getting if you see it!!

      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete