Birchbox Unboxing- September 2016 Two Boxes In One?? - Planet Whispers

Tuesday, 4 October 2016

Birchbox Unboxing- September 2016 Two Boxes In One??

Hey Whisperers,

Last week i received my September Birchbox in the post. I have had time to sit down and write this post to really look at all the products so let's get into this post because i am hella excited.


What is Birchbox?

If this is your first time hearing of birchbox i know it sounds quite odd but believe me it's pretty simple. To say it at it's simplest Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that arrives on your doorstep every month with 5 products packaged in a pretty little box. You fill in a questionnaire on the website and each month the samples cater to your needs. The box costs £12.95 per month, which i think is amazing. Alongside the box you can also purchase all of the products you recieve online at Birchbox.co.uk  


What was in my September box?

RRP £14
The first product i got was the Model Co Highlighting Trio. When I ordered my box you got to choose which full size Model Co product you got to choose and of course me being the big highlighted disco ball that I went with the highlighting trio. I'm not a huge fan of creme highlighters but these colours are absolutley beautiful. 

Full Size RRP for £30
Next up i got the This Works In Transit Camera Close Up. When i read the description of this product i was really excited because it is said to be a mask, moisturiser and primer all in one however when i tried it out today, i would definetley say that is more of a mask/moisturiser. 

Full Size RRP for £4.29
Up next was the Batiste Stylist Oomph My Locks XXL Volume Spray. Now when it comes to this product i don't really know how to feel. I love the smell, like seriously LOVE IT, but honestly I don't really use many products in my hair because i do have sensitive skin. I love the concept of this spray, but i just won't personally be using it.

Full Size RRP for £10
Now this product may be my favourite out of the whole box. This is the NUXE Prodigieux Shower Oil. This stuff smells and looks AMAZING. It has gold shimmer running through it which makes your skin look so hydrated and it smells so, comforting. It has orange blossom, magnolia and vanilla in it and it is just such a calming and comforting scent. 


Full Size RRP for £12.99
Now i was both excited and disappointed by this sample. This is the Puriskin Nurse Aid Cream for Hands & Nails. Now i needed this right now, my hands and nails are so dry but the sample size of it was a little disappointing, considering it is only £12.99 i would have expected a larger sample.

RRP £13.77
I wouldn't consider this a 'product' but i thought i would add it on here anyways. In the bottom of my box i had this voucher for LaLaBox, a photo printing website where you select photo's they print them and send you them in the post. This voucher allows you to get 36 photo's printed and sent to your door for just £2.99 (the price of the p&p) which is great!. 

Box Number Two?

When i placed my order for my September box there was an offer on the site for two for one boxes so instead of getting one box this month in got 2! The second box i got was the August box and of course I can't not go through that one with you too!!!!

What was in my August box?

RRP £3.99
The first product in my August box was the Anatomicals Smoother Butts Love Coconuts body lotion. Now the sample size of this product is great however i really don't coconut so i won't be using this product. It comes in a bright orange tube with a yellow cap and it screams summer so I can see exactly why they put it in the August Box.


Full size RRP for £14
Now you guys know i love any kind of body or face scrub so I am so excited to try this next sample. This is the Ritual Hammam Body Mud, now this smells very strong and it has a very distinct menthol smell so if that is something you don't like this product definitely isn't for you. 

Full Size RRP for £17
Up next is the Parlor Volumizing Lifting Spray, now although I have sensitive skin i am probably going to be giving this spray a try (obviously after consulting my hairdresser aka my sister). The sample size of this product is also quite good because you do only need a little bit. And of course like everything else i have received this smells just as incredible.

Full Size RRP for £18
Now Balance Me is a brand I've tried in a beauty box before so I'm assuming it is going to a pretty regular brand in these boxes. The product i received this time was the Balance Me Radiance Face Mask. I am quite excited to try out this mask because as most of you know i LOVE face masks. 

Full Size RRP for £10.50
This product came just at the right time for me as just the other day I was talking to my friend about how i want to try to add more colour to my makeup. This is the Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner in Mulberry and as you can see in the picture it is the most beautiful Purple shade. I used it today with my orange/purple/red smokey eye and it looked an amazing so I can already tell it is going to be a new favourite of mine. 


Full Size RRP for £46
Last of all is probably my favourite product in this box, the English Laundry Notting Hill Eau De Parfum sample. This was an extra product in this month's so it didn't come out of the 5 samples you receive. This perfume smells incredible, it is such a elegant floral scent and i am in love with it. 

And that is pretty much it for this month's Birchbox unboxing. I am looking forward to unboxing these boxes with you each month! Let me know down below if you think i should try out any other beauty boxes!!

Thanks for reading, 
Love 
Soph xoxo



Get your own Birchbox here!


2 comments:

  1. Loved reading your honesty about these products, they look really good! I get the glossy box, and I haven't regretted it so far! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I am still trying to decide whether i want to get GlossyBox too! Not sure yet! Thanks for Reading xxx

      Delete