Gift Guide For Him 2016 - Planet Whispers

Tuesday, 6 December 2016

Gift Guide For Him 2016

Hey Whisperers,

As promised, today i will bring you my gift guide for men. Now i do have to admit that this post was a lot harder for me to write than the gift guide for her (read that post here) and i do think that, that is partially because I'm a girl and i obviously know more about what girls want but i also think it's because there really isn't a lot out there for guys at Christmas. So it took awhile to get this post together but i hope you guys like it!!

Gifts For Him

Just like in my last gift guide I'm going to be splitting the gifts into different categories, with each category having 2 affordable and 2 luxury products! 



Bath, Body and Skincare



Affordable


This Lynx pack is something I'm sure most guys have seen at least once over the years. This pack contains 2 body sprays, 2 body washes and a loofah which is great for £13. I have brought these for friends and family members over the past few years and they're a quick and easy buy plus they smell AMAZING.



I've never really seen the Dove kits in person but when is saw this online i thought it would perfect for this gift guide. This gift set comes in a metal tin with 2 mini body washes. 2 mini face washes and an anti perspirant spray. I love the fact that all the products are mini because it makes them super cute! This is the perfect gift if you have a guy in your life who loves the travel too.

Luxury


I have never seen Molton Brown products before but when i saw this product i remembered that Mark Ferris mentioned the brand in a video not to long ago so i thought it would be a great option for a luxury product. Now i do know that £75 is a lot for a gift set but you do get a body wash, spray, body scrub bar and a deodorant so all together I don't think that it is a bad deal. 



This gift set is a very popular set that boots sell every year. For £50 you get a Jack Wills backpack, 2 body washes, 2 body sprays and a flask which to be honest is a great deal. If you have a boyfriend, brother, dad, cousin etc who loves Jack Wills this is a perfect gift set for them. Boots also tend to put sets like this in their 'star buy' offer where they half the price so keep your eye out for that!


Fragrance 

Affordable


I have smelt this spray more times than i wish to count, when i worked in the pharmacy this was one of our big sellers at Christmas time which meant people were constantly spraying the sample. This spray smells amazing and for the price it's a great gift. In this gift set you also get a shower gel which lets be honest you can never have too many of.



I've never smelt any of the Ted Baker mens sprays but just the look of this set made me want to put it in the gift guide, it's just so stinking cute! In this set you get 4 mini fragrance which i think is great for £16. I think at Christmas mini sizes are perfect because it gives people the opportunity to try out a variety of new products without breaking the bank. 

Luxury



This fragrance smells incredible. It is a strong scent so if the person you're buying this for isn't a fan of strong fragrances this won't be for them. In this gift set you get both the 90ml fragrance and a 20ml miniature bottle too which for £62.10 is definitely worth it as you pay the same for the 90ml fragrance on it's own. So if you are looking to get this for a loved one the gift set is a great option for the same price!


I'm pretty sure every guy has smelt this aftershave. I love the smell of this aftershave, it's such a universal smell that suits a lot of people. In this gift set you get the 75ml spray and a shower gel which seems to be pretty regular with mens fragrance sets. For £42.50 i think this is a great deal. 

Gadgets


Affordable


I brought one of these projectors from a different brand and i love it. It's so simple to use and it's a great present for someone who loves to watch videos on their phone, you can use it with pretty much any smart-phone and all you have to do is insert your phone into the slot and it projects the screen onto the wall! I do suggest projecting onto a plain wall, on the highest brightness and charging your phone fully before using! But for £20 it's a great gadget!


Now i know these aren't technically a gadget but i wanted to include them in this gift guide so...here they are. These are 4 Game of Thrones shot glasses, obviously they're not for younger boys but if you have a game of thrones crazy guy in your life (which I'm sure most people do) these are the perfect gift! For £8 they're pretty reasonably priced making them only £2 a glass!

Luxury


I'm pretty sure everyone has seen, used or wanted a drone at some point this year and I've got a feeling they're going to be a very popular gift. This drone comes with a HD camera which is an added plus. Obviously it is an expensive gift for £129.99 but it is also an amazing one that I'm sure would make any gadget mad guy in your life very happy.




Just like the drone I'm Virtual Reality has blew up over the past year. When i was looking for VR headsets most of them were £300+ however this one by google is only £69.00 and it looks amazing. I have tried VR on the Oculus for Samsung and i think it's amazing so i think this product is great! You can play games, go on 360 tours all around the world and watch 360 videos too, for £69 it's an amazing deal.


I hope you've enjoyed reading this post! If you're thinking of getting any of these products for a special guy in your life let me know below!!

Thanks for Reading,
Merry Christmas,
Love
Soph 
xoxo



30 comments:

  1. Good ideas, I always find it so hard to buy presents for men!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always struggle. i do think that there's a lack of options for men though

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love the Game of thrones shot glasses, as my partner is obsessed with GOT! Might need to purchase these now 😌

    Karina | http://karinahearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of GOT but i thought they we're so cool!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Such good ideas! I always find it difficult to find appropriate things for a guy! Lovely post x

    Alina// http://alinasirbu.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I find it so difficult too so i'm glad this has helped a little x

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Good ideas!! Most of the men I know would love these :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the post

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Love it, so many good ideas!! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. I love gift guides, especially this one as men as super hard to buy for! (I'm sure they say the same about us) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha i always wonder if they do! There's so much more out there for girls than guys at this time of year

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. There are some brilliant gift ideas here. This will be so helpful to many readers! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. men are so hard to buy for so this was super helpful thank you! I'll definitely be using some of these ideas! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy you found it useful

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. I find it so difficult to buy presents for the men in my life at christmas! Thank you for the great ideas x

    Meg
    xmeganlisa.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same! I'm glad this helped you a little

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. So many options. I might buy one of these gifts for my dad 😀

    http://nounicornswereharmed.blogpost.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love so many ideas i kind of based a lot of them on my dad aha! I hope he likes them if you do get him one of them

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. Great list! I find men the most difficult to buy for too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it so hard too, i think that the main problem is the selection of things for guys in stores, there's so much for women but barley anything for men!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. Gifts for his are probably the hardest thing ever, this is such a detailed and through post with so many options for different personalities- so useful!!
    Dalal
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's so hard because there's much less variety of gifts for men in stores compared to women! I'm glad you liked the post it's definitely one of my favourite posts on the blog so far

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  13. Men are so difficult so this really helped, thanks!

    Terri
    www.c0yoteugly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post! I'm happy it helped you!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  14. Some great ideas, I've also seen the Jack Wills backpack in Boots on offer, which makes it quite good value

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks amazing, my sister brought it for her boyfriend last year and it's great quality!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  15. haha, this is very useful! a well written post too! love it! x

    possiblysami.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you found it useful

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete