Hello 2017 - Planet Whispers

Sunday, 1 January 2017

Hello 2017



Hey Whisperers,

New Year, New me? Now we all know that this time of year brings out everyone's hope of changing. The facebook paragraphs that feel like they're never going to end, the tweets about how much people are going to do... and then we get to December 31st and realise that we've done almost nothing off our never ending list of yearly resolutions. It's the same every year. I don't know if it is just something we feel like we have to do or if people do really want to achieve these resolutions but each year my list just seems to get shorter and shorter. This year i only have one resolution. One resolution that i am determined to keep, achieve and carry on. 

My new year's resolution is to be happy. 


Over the past few years I've found it so easy to fall into the slump that is sadness. The oh so warm and comforting feeling of being sad. It's so easy to go online, sit on tumblr and relate to every post i see. But it's not what I want to be doing anymore. I want to be happy. I want to wake up early, I want to go out on my days off work, i want to do things that everyone else does. I want to exercise more and get fit, I want to meet new people and i do think that all of this will make me happy. 

Last year was probably the weirdest year of my life. A year when i went through so many changes. I had to restart my life, without my friends around. I had to find a place where i belonged and i feel like i finally have. I've met so many amazing people over the past year and I've still got my friends from before. Friends that i will never let go because they are truly the most amazing people i know. But this year i want to change even more.

2016 was hard for me, but like always I've survived. I've learnt from my mistakes, I've grown so much as a person and i've learnt to look at things differently. 2016 was also the year that i finally decided to start a blog and it was one of the best decisions i have ever made. I have met so many incredible people, I've become friends with people that this time last year i didn't even know existed and I've become even better friends with people i already knew. The blogging community has been amazing over the past few months and i can't wait to become more involved in it as time goes on. If my blog continues to take off as it has over the past few months then that would be incredible but if it doesn't and my progress stops here i am so proud that my little corner of the Internet even made it this far.

So yeah my new year's resolution isn't to be a new person, a new me. It isn't the normal loose weight (although losing a few pounds wouldn't go amiss). It is just to be happy. 

I hope you've enjoyed this post, let me know what your new years resolution is down below!

Happy New Year Here's To 2017

Love
Soph 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment