My Makeup Collection - Highlighters - Planet Whispers

Saturday, 11 March 2017

My Makeup Collection - Highlighters


Hey Whisperers,

This weeks makeup drawer is probably one of my favourites, highlighters. I, alike everyone else fell in love with highlighting last year and i kind of started hoarding them. They're all just so pretty i can't help it. I hope you enjoy!

My  Makeup Collection - Highlighters 


£4.99

If you've been here a while you would have already heard me talk about this highlighter. This highlighter is absolutely amazing, it's the perfect mix of shimmer and glitter and it pretty much makes my cheekbones shine like no other highlighter does. For the price this highlighter is 100% one of my all time favourites.


£3.00

These highlighters have been pretty big in the beauty community for a while and i 100% understand why. They're super pigmented, they give the perfect glow and they're ultra affordable. This one in Pink Shimmer is more of a glittery highlight but i still love mixing it with other highlighters to give me a strong glow.


MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter in Opalescent Amber
Discontinued

This is probably my least used highlight in my collection and i understand completely why they've discontinued it. When i saw this in store i thought it would be super pretty but it is so dark that it just looks like I've wiped a bunch of Dorito dust on my cheekbones. However it does look amazing on the lid as an eye shadow. 


£3.00

I was so disappointed with this highlighter. I had heard great things online about this brand and in particular their highlighters so i of course had to give them  a try but i kid you not this is the most dull highlighter i own. It isn't pigmented, it's chalky and it is so subtle/non existent. It's definitely not worth it. 


£3.00

This is another over hyped product for me. I brought this highlighter a few weeks ago and it honestly does nothing for me, it's super sheer and it doesn't have much of a sheen to it at all. I think that it might be the shade i got as it isn't the lightest shade (which is what i normally go for because I'm a pale ass ghost) but at the same time that doesn't excuse the quality.


£24.50

This highlighter was the first high end product and the first MAC product i purchased and i love it. Lightscapade is such a beautiful light highlighter and it looks incredible on the cheekbones. Of course it is a bit more pricey but it is 100% worth it. I want to invest in soft and gentle soon too.


£7.99

This powder has been sitting in my drawer for a while now and i haven't really touched it. It's super chalky and soft but it definitely has a lot of pigment to it and when mixed together it's a beautiful light highlighter. I love using the white shade on my inner corner because it is so amazingly light. 


£17

If you read my Birchbox posts (here) you would know that i got this in a box a few months ago. Now considering how many liquid/cream highlighters i have i don't really use many of them and this one is definitely one of my less used ones. It's super small and i just feel like I'm going to ruin it all every time i go to use it. It is super pigmented and creamy though, i just don't think it's worth £17.


£8.00

I love this strobe cream. I pretty much use this product daily with my primer to help give me a more dewey look. It isn't too shimmery but it adds the perfect amount of highlight to my base that just makes my makeup look so fresh and natural. I definitely recommend giving it a try.


£6.99

I only brought this highlighter about a week ago so i haven't had much of a chance to try it out but what i can say is that this is one of the most incredibly pigmented and creamy highlighters i have ever swatched and i am pretty much in love with it already. I definitely recommended going into store and trying it out 


£3.99

I don't really have much to say about this highlighting stick, it's easy to use, it's fast and it's pretty much just an easy option for powder. However, i do recommend setting it because it's definitely sticky on the face but it's a good base for powders as it helps to make a regular highlighter look 10x better. 



PS.. Highlighter
£2

This highlighter was one of the first that Primark brought out and honestly it isn't too bad. It tugs at the skin a bit because it isn't very creamy but if you warm it up on your hand a little bit it works fine. I think it's a great option for beginners in makeup or if you're on a budget.


£5 (£21.50 full size)

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of this highlighter and unfortunately for it definitely doesn't work as well as i wish it did. Every-time I've tried to use this highlighter it's just clung to my foundation and then it's separated on my skin and it just looks a mess. I don't know if theirs something I'm doing wrong with it but i just can't get it to work.

I did try to do swatches for this post but capturing these highlighters on camera didn't go so well, so instead i'm going to post video swatches up on my twitter so make sure you head over there to check them out!

I hope you've enjoyed this post, i definitely have an obsession with highlighters but i can't help buying more.

What is your favourite highlighter?
Let me know in the comments down below!

As Always,
Thanks For Reading,
Love,
Soph
xoxo



6 comments:

  1. I really love Makeup Revolution. I think I may also have the same Goddess of Love than you... MUA is also really nice! So many highlighters, it's too beautiful! the Mac one looks really cool! xx C&K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my MUA one more than my Mac one it's more pigmented and more shimmery too!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Mua highlighters are so cheap and also pigmented! Really need to try more of their products X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my MUA ones! I'm glad you enjoyed the post

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Wow you have a lot there! I am planning on doing a post on my fave highlighters soon, I am loving the I heart Makeup one blushing hearts one, I wear mine every day, it's amazing. I would also like to try Make up Revolution's new range soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Makeup Revolution ones!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete