My Spring Makeup Favorites - The Big Spring Collab - Planet Whispers

Friday, 17 March 2017

My Spring Makeup Favorites - The Big Spring Collab




Hey Whisperers,

I know you guys aren't used to a Friday post from me but this is a very exciting one. A few weeks ago I and a bunch of other bloggers were invited to take part in a big spring collab by the amazing Morgan from JustMorgs and of course i said yes! Each of us will be writing a different kind of post, mine being beauty of course, and we will all be linking each other in the posts. I hope you enjoy this post and of course don't forget to check out the other bloggers who are taking part in the post at the bottom of this post! Let's get into it.


My Spring Makeup Favourites


Starting with my base, i love to use the Makeup Revolution Ultra Strobe Cream mixed in with my regular primer to add a little extra oomph to my foundation. For me spring is the time for dewey skin and natural looks and i love adding this strobe balm in to make me skin that touch more dewey. I also find that it lasts well throughout the day and doesn't effect the longevity of my makeup like other strobe creams have. 


Blush, blush, blush. Honestly i don't think anything else makes a makeup look during the spring than blush. This Mac Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Springsheen is an amazing blush colour for spring. It's the perfect pink shade and it also has gold shimmer throughout it which just adds to the overall dewey look. I'm obsessed. 


Next up is another highlighting product, but lets be honest, you can never have too much glow especially not in the spring. I love using the Mac Mineralise Skin Finish in Lightscapade on my cheekbones to add that little extra glow on my skin. I did do a post on this quite a while ago that you can check out here, but this shade is absolutely gorgeous, it is quite pale so i think it's perfect for all my fellow ghostly pale girls out there. It is pricey but it's 100% worth it.


As we all know i do liquid liner every day no matter the season, but one thing i do like to change up each season is my mascara. This L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes is pretty much the definition of a spring mascara, it makes your lashes look separated, thicker and longer but still keeps them looking natural which i think in spring is amazing. Obviously my liner does mean my eye looks aren't 'natural' but i do like to tone down my mascara during spring.


Last but not least is probably my all time favourite spring makeup product. Lipgloss. Now throughout the rest of the year i pretty much stick too lipstick and lip balm but in spring i love wearing gloss, my all time favourite gloss being the Kylie Cosmetics Gloss in Literally. I have already done a whole post on the whole ordering process for these products along with swatches so to read that click here but apart from that this product is the most incredible lip gloss i own. It is super pigmented and thick yet it isn't at all sticky and it looks incredible on the lips. I do wish i had ordered another gloss in a more pink shade but i do love this nude shade too. 

I love a no-makeup makeup look during the spring and i love using each one of these products to help me build a lovely dewey look. I have loved taking part in this collab and i am so grateful that i was invited to take part so don't forget to check out the other blogs that are taking part in this collab down below

The Big Spring Collab;


As always, 
Thank you for Reading,
Love,
Soph
xoxo



14 comments:

  1. The blusher from Mac looks fantastic! I have never used Kylie cosmetics but I have heard so much. The million lashes mascara is amazing! It is my go-to when I am going on a night out! Love your favorites xx Corinne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutley gorgeous on the cheeks! I'm glad you enjoyed the post

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Kylie has been such a huge hype I will be so interested to try it! I have been loving smashbo mascara with its primer! X
    Lola Mia // www.lolitabonita.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Gloss but i don't think that the hype is really worth it!


      Thanks for Reading,
      Love
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Loved taking part in this collab! I've been dying to get one of the Kylie Cosmetics lipglosses but I was never sure whether it was going to be worth the hype... you've convinced me now! <3

    Morgan // www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've loved taking part it's been super fun and 100% you need to try the glosses, i don't think the matte shades are too great but that might just be because mine was a metallic one but the glosses are amazing <3


      Thanks for Reading,
      Love
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I've never tried some of these products- that mascara looks like something I need in my life! Fab post!
    Robyn // http://www.midnightandlace.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with the mascara it's super affordable too!


      Thanks for Reading,
      Love
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I've wanted a good highlight for ages and the MAC one looks like it could be the one oh my...
    I love this post though!! Thank god it's finally spring and we can bring out all the cute pinks again x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, i also recently got the Models Own highlight in 01 and it's also INCREDIBLE!


      Thanks for Reading,
      Love
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Reading this has made me excited to change up my makeup for spring, lovely post x

    Sophie's Spot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post! Nothing beats changing up your makeup every season!


      Thanks for Reading,
      Love
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. I need to purchase the MUR Strobe cream, I love dewy skin at the moment and I find that the current primer doesn't give me the look that I'm after.
    Alicia x
    www.aestheticobsessed.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives such a pretty dewy look! I hope you like it as much as i do!


      Thanks for Reading,
      Love
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete