Beauty Bite Compressed Face Mask Review - Planet Whispers

Tuesday, 25 July 2017

Beauty Bite Compressed Face Mask Review



Hey Whisperers, 

As most of you probably know, I'm super obsessed with face masks so when i saw this compressed face mask in my local TKMaxx i knew that i had to try it out. As you can see in the pictures this tub does include both charcoal and bamboo masks but i will only be showing the bamboo mask in this post. These masks are compressed sheet masks that you add your own toner, moisturiser or serum too to create a completely custom mask. So lets get into the post. 

Beauty Bite Compressed Face Mask Review


Packaging 

I am in love with the packaging of this product. The tub that the masks come in is a pretty simple clear tub with a rose gold lid which matches the rose gold details on the labels. I love how simple the packaging is as it allows you to see what the product side is while also giving you enough information about it too. I also love it as it is something that you can use quite easily after you use up all of the products. 


Product & Cost

In the tub i chose you get 25 masks, which i personally think is a super good deal. One thing i didn't love as much was that there aren't equal amounts of each mask and in my case there were far more bamboo masks than charcoal. Now for these 25 masks i paid £4.99 which for me was a decent price but you do have to also factor in the price of the moisturiser, toner or serum that you add to the masks which does make them a little more pricey, however if you use products you already have it doesn't work out too bad. 


How It Works

Each face mask comes in it's own sealed plastic pot, which although helps when it comes to adding the liquids, ends up with a lot of waste. Once you've peeled off the seal you pour in your desired liquid, on the packaging it suggests a toner, moisturiser or a serum, for this one i used my Skin 79 Skin Apple Mint Clearing Toner. After you pour in the liquid the mask starts to expand, it kind of reminds me of those character compressed face clothes for kids. After all of the liquid has been absorbed you just un-roll the mask and it opens into a sheet mask. 


Overall Opinions 

Overall i don't love or hate this product. I think the idea is amazing as it allows you to make a completely custom mask which i think is great, especially if you have sensitive skin. But it is also a lengthy and unnecessary process to go though as you're ultimately just putting products onto your skin that you could apply without the mask. One issue i did have with the mask above all else was how oddly it was shaped, I've tried a lot of face masks so the odd shapes are not new to me but this one was by far the most difficult to apply and keep on my face as the slits were either too big or way too small for it to sit comfortably on the skin. I do think that it's a cool product to try out but it definitely isn't my favourite mask I've tried. 


What's your favourite face mask?
Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for Reading,
Love,
Soph
xoxo


2 comments:

  1. I need to try more sheet masks but I always stick to the same ones, it's such a good idea but seems like it takes ages! Love the pictures

    Georgia x
    www.georgiasbeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them but they definitely takes a lot more time and in the long run i think it will cost more too!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete